Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

AWFUL...This was supposedly Nike's proposal, but it is supposedly just a fake.

2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

what is that im looking at?

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

New avatar

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I noticed it and love it!!!

RIIC!

5. Crowned

- I really hope Lebeau doesn't go back to pussified 3,4 man rushes. Keep bringing the pressure, despite giving up the 2 deep balls the Ravens weren't able to do much after that, and pressure won us the game.

- The Steelers can afford to lose to the Jets or Panthers as long as they beat the Bengals and the Browns. Please just win the games you're supposed to win and we will have a first round bye.

- I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to see the Patriots in the playoffs, hopefully they land the #1 seed we land the #2 seed and someone else can beat them. If not don't except to be in the Super Bowl, Brady is the Steeler killer such as Ben the Raven killer.

- The old man Farrior is playing way better than last year, but I think in dime situations Timmons should stay in and Farrior should take a walk.

- McFadden will bounce back, he's great in run support and has been on this stage before. He and William Gay will get the job done down the stretch, provided twinky continues to bring the pressure.

- The offense hasn't even clicked yet and we have won 9 games, let's hope it rolls around and we need to start getting in the endzone when we are in the redzone.

-Anyone know much on the new punter?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

LeBeau's got to keep bringing the pressure...if they face the Patriots in the playoffs, it's the only way the Steelers win that is to knock Brady off his game...otherwise, we'll see a repeat of a couple weeks ago.

The only game they "should" have a shot at losing is the Jets and I don't think that NY is that great...I can see them beating New York, but I do think they have "one loss" in their back pocket that they'll throw out there.

Look at what Ben was working with...Johnson, Sanders and Brown, Wallace as a second year guy, a make shift O-Line. Word is it is a mild high ankle sprain on Flo and Miller is doubtful for Sunday but Spaeth should play. I don't think the Bengals will be a cake walk...

Kapinos was good with PSU. He was a Ray Guy finalist. I think the knock on him hasn't been his distance so much as it has been giving up good returns. His hang-time suffers a little bit from what I hear but his stats have been decent.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  7. Crowned

I don't feel comfortable about the Bengals game Sunday or week 17 @Cleveland to be completelty honest. We will be coming off extra rest though which is good since we have a Thursday night game against Carolina week 16.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Let's hope the Browns game doesn't matter...:wink:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers clinch a playoff spot today with a Win, NE Win, Jags Loss and Dolphins Loss.

10. Crowned

What does the NE win have to do with it? lol

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

No idea...lol.

Jags beat the Raiders so I guess it's out the window for now...short lived.

12. Crowned

The defense played well today, but the lack of offense and inability to score in the redzone this season is cause for concern. We're not playing high caliber football yet. I'm glad to be 10-3, but we have plenty of work to do.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

not a good game yesterday by the steelers. i'm sure there will be more whining by clark about being flagged for a PF on the edwards hit.

14. Crowned

It was the correct call because Clark clearly and quite visibly launched himself at the receiver. If he's not hitting defenseless receivers he isn't doing crap.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed, makes you wonder when tomlin is going to take him in a training room and kick his teeth out.

16. Crowned

I'd much rather replace him, maybe even with Mundy. It's sad that I'm a LSU fan as well and still can't stand him. Ryan Clark is completely worthless.

Steelers have Panthers at Heinz field Thursday night, if they lose that I'm done with life. Then they will get some extra rest and head to Cleveland for the final regular season game the following Sunday. That's the game that could be tricky without Troy. If we win that we will have a first round bye which would be huge, some of our players need rest bad.

Mainly I'm hoping someone else can beat the Patriots, I'd say the team with the best chance is the Colts. Manning always plays them well. But it's an unlikely scenario the Steelers will more than likely play the Colts first, Assuming the Chiefs win their division and then lose to a wildcard team. The Patriots would play the wildcard team who won and the Steelers would play the Colts who I'm expecting to win their game no matter the opponent (Ravens or Jets).

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah, if the steelers can't beat the panthers then they have no right going to the playoffs. the panthers are toast and have a lame duck head coach right now.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  18. Crowned

I agree. We will see what Mike Tomlin really is about these last 2 weeks. If you don't win the games you're supposed you have no spot as a head coach in this league.

19. Crowned

Ziggy Hood easily had the best game of his career against the Browns, he will need to play this hard in the playoffs.

I wish Bruce Arians wasn't so freaking stubborn, we are still winning in spite of him not because of him. If he would step back and let Roethlisberger run no huddle all game I promise you we would average more points and it wouldn't even be close. We will need to score on nearly every drive to beat the Patriots assuming we meet them in the AFC Championship game.

- The way I have it playing out we will have the Colts coming to town and the way they played at home against the Titans in a very important game, I hope they play like that at Heinz field but it's scary any time your playing Peyton Manning and that defense is notorious for instantly becoming better when the playoffs start. Not to mention Freeney and Mathis against Scott and Adams FML.

-This would also send Baltimore to New England and they match up fairly well against them, I would love Baltimore to win somehow and we can play Baltimore in the AFC Championship a team we at least have a chance at beating. But if they can't knock them off maybe they can rough up Brady a little bit at least.

and last but not least if I had it my way I would love for the Jets to beat the Colts and the Chiefs to upset the Ravens somehow so KC has to come to Heinz field where we play to their strenghts (the running game.) That would send the Jets to New England and even they match up better against the Patriots if they can score points because there cornerbacks excel in man to man coverage, unfortunately for them they have the worst safety duo going into the playoffs.

*This will be interesting to see how it all plays out but this week we can kick back and enjoy football with no pressure Steelers fans. After that the nerves will be high for a whole week.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good stuff Crowned.

Arians has been loosening up a tiny little bit with the trick plays here and there, but you are right, for the most part he still FAILS...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.