Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

heyward looks real good aside from a few wtf moments....better than hood played the first 75% of his career.

hills is just gonna be the TRUTH as a right guard lol

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hills to take over the world? lol...

3. K Train

one incredible block at a time lol

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Wait.... Did Hills have a good game? orr.....

6. K Train

yeah...hes starting at RG tonight cause he was far and away the best RG against the skins backups so they worked him in as the starter all week and he gets his shot tonight....RG is WIDE open he has a chance to lock it down and save that draft class from embarassment

7. Crowned

Gilbert is looking solid against Trent Cole.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Please use the gameday threads to discuss the game.

9. Crowned

Of course Gilbert gets hurt. heck.

Starting offense though, two 80 yard touchdown drives. nice.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gilbert was looking real good. Hopefully the injury isn't serious...heck I hope it's not. And I can't believe I'm going to say I hope Scott isn't hurt seriously either. The O-Line is freaking cursed.

D looks solid as well...

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tomlin just said both Scott and Gilbert have hyperextended knees and should be fine...

12. Crowned

Nice, I want to see more of Gilbert. Hopefully the coaches pay attention he may be better than Scott if he can perform like that the next 2 weeks.

13. K Train

gilbert and hills looked heckin GOOD.

gotta watch it again but damn i was impressed with hills, hes looking like a grown butt man out there this year

14. Crowned

Gilbert was absolutely dominating Trent Cole.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was overall happy with the OLine performance. A couple breakdowns, but overall they did fine. I know it's old news but Pouncey is ridiculous...

I might have to get his jersey...lol.

16. K Train

pouncey looked rough against the skins but he was brilliant against the eagles.

man im excited about gilbert and hills being new faces on the line....i think hills is gonna make a hard push for a starter spot

17. Crowned

Glad Hills is getting recognition for his play, can only hope Gilbert gets that in return. You know the Steelers organization likes to do it the "safe way" not sure there's anything Gilbert can do this year to get in front of Jonathan Scott.

18. K Train

i really think there is...gilbert stonewalled cole time after time, and even when a rusher was getting the better of him he compensated so well which is so tough for a youn tackle to do consistently.

scott is a top tier backup LT, but a bottom 5 starting one....gilbert will be starting 1/4 way through the season i think, im a believer.

hills just looks solid in all aspects....it makes me feel all tingly inside

19. Crowned

You don't have to convince me man, Gilbert impressed me more in 5 minutes than Scott has in 2 seasons lol

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree with that K Train and Crowned. There were a couple Plays where Gilbert looked beaten and he took the guys where they wanted to go, but just enough off track to miss Ben. I was impressed and happy with both Hills and Gilbert. I may watch the game again tonight or definitely at some point this weekend.

Was happy with both Brown's and Heyward's play as well. Then Warren was strong too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.