Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Starters are playing the whole half against the Falcons at least.

Hills is starting RG again. I hope Scott can't go, so we and the coaches can get a long look at Gilbert.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That'd be nice...

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

TONY HILLS LETS GO

scott shouldnt play, but idk if gilbert will either...they signed essex to play over there so TONY HILLS doesnt have to get put out there and can get reps at RG

4. Crowned

I think Gilbert is good to go

5. K Train

yeah i just read hes set to start

6. Crowned

Pouncey and Keenan Lewis already hurt...

7. Crowned

Still concerned with the Pouncey and Lewis injuries.

Leftwich I'm sure he's out for a long time. Hampton injured oh well..

Antonio Brown is just a freaking beast.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pouncey is fine according to Tomlin, just an ankle sprain, thank God! Leftwich is out with a broken arm, Chuck Batch survives another season...lol.

Brown is a MONSTER! To think, Sanders hasn't played yet and then there's Cotchery in the 5 spot...lol.

Back up QB concerns me a bit...not comfortable with Batch and Dixon back there.

Great test for them last night against Atlanta...you can put some stock into that game.

9. Crowned

We weren't going anywhere realistically if Ben goes down even with Byron healthy so it is what it is.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

True...but I think he gives us a better chance...maybe even with a broken arm...lol.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d821c5efb/What-s-better-Brown-s-TD-or-his-boogie]NFL Videos: Can't-Miss Play: Brown's end-zone boogie[/ame]

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d821c6584/Crezdon-goes-95-yards-on-pick-six?continuous=true]NFL Videos: Can't-Miss Play: Crezdon Cruises for Six[/ame]

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

14. K Train

gilbert had an up and down outing against abraham, completely expected. i liked what i saw though, he didnt get destroyed nearly as bad as jonathan scott has been for 2 years now though....growing pains happen but followed by them is much more success...the reps will do him good.

and just so everyone is clear on this, TONY HILLS IS THE ****ING TRUTH

i do not think gilbert takes the opening day LT spot from scott, and that unfortunate...he showed me enough for sure the last few games but i think scott ultimately takes that spot for the season opener...weve seen scott get benched before though so im not concerned because long term scott stands ZERO chance, no way they roll with a bottom 5 LT for long with gilbert on the bench.

i think scott will be given every opportunity in the world to suck and lose his job which is a shame because even if gilbert struggles like scott certainly will (its inevitiable, i cant stress this enough) gilbert will improve, the reps will let him learn the position, get better at technique and compensating when he gets beat (something he was amazing at in a few snaps vs the eagles but a little rough vs the falcons)

Gilbert brings us growing pains
    Scott brings us pain

and ill drill into everyones head how good TONY HILLS is and how the RG battle went from being completely up in the air with chris scott, foster, legs, and any other bum they could find to being an absolutely blowout victory by TONY HILLS who wasnt considered to even be in the running

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

16. Crowned

lol

The new Andre Rison (Spiderman)?

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

9 players cut: TE Vaughn Charlton, CB Kevin Dockery, WR Eric Greenwood, WR Kenneth Moore WR Terrence McCrae, CB Niles Brinkley DT Anthony Gray and TE Miguel Chavis, waived/injured.

Baron Batch goes on IR.

18. Crowned

WTF this pisses me off, and I know K Train is going to be super pissed. This was posted by Gerry Dulac in the pg+

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't get it...

20. Crowned

Me either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.