Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

good video

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I hate that the game is Sunday Night...

3. Crowned

Bouchette tweeted that 92 is good to go after his eye exam today.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah yeah!

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

harrison was a second half phenom, but sadly disappeared with the rest of the defense on the metldown drive

:-(

6. Crowned

William Gay actually played superb against the Bengals , I can remember him breaking up several passes, he tipped the ball to Timmons that was intercepted and he made the game winning interception by jumping the quick slant. Well done after a not so strong finish against the Ravens.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Game ball goes to Willie. Played like an MFL starter!

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoGjlljPWDc"]Terrible Towel Around the World - YouTube[/ame]

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Kemo got demoted today...Christmas coming early...

10. Crowned

Awesome, Legursky i presume?

11. K Train

i LOATHE kemoeatu, but legursky as a starting NFL LG is a joke, even more so than him being the day one starter at RG...hes a backup center and center only imo

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i usually don't come into team threads but i figured this was the best place to ask you 3 (crowned, train, and ward) how you feel about the steelers chances this year to win the afc as compared to previous years. My mathematical formula now has the steelers as the highest ranked afc team but i'm not sure if i agree with it (although the afc is definitely down this year). the steelers have played five games against the afc 'elite' teams (teams with 7 wins or more) and they've only won 2 of them. and some of the steelers games against some of the poor teams in the nfl haven't been real impressive either.

any thoughts/concerns? is it too soon to say?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Steelers have always played down to the "lesser opponents." It worries me a little bit when they do so, because it only takes a play to give them the loss. They go into the Arians run, run, incomplete, punt offense. BUt they've been decent throwing on third downs and seems like this season, they've been excellent in the third and long department.

Going into this past week concerned me a lot...in 2009, the Steelers went in to KC at 6-3, lost an inferior Chiefs team and went in to a tail spin that started a 4-game losing streak to the Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens and Browns...all inferior teams. Luckily they came out with a win. Hey, let's be honest, a win is a win, but yes, I'd like to see them destroy the "inferior team."

I think that the "playing down" goes somewhat into what Arians puts into the game plan. He's not very creative, but I think he's been a little better this year than in the past...not much...maybe he takes the approach that he doesn't want to show new wrinkles if he doesn't have to? Not sure...trying to think positive...

I still think the Patriots are the team to beat in the AFC, especially if Pittsburgh will be traveling there to play them. Pats defense is soft as we all know, but Brady and the O will be ready this time for the Steelers. I'd love to see the Steelers win out and wind up 13-3...not sure they can. I could see the Pats doing so...Ravens...I could see them lose in San Diego or to the Bengals in the last week. The Ravens have some clunkers on their resume as well...

If things end up the way they are now...Steelers in Baltimore? I don't know...can the Ravens win 3 against the Steelers? Maybe...I didn't think the Steelers could win 3 against the Ravens in 2008. I don't think the Ravens can do it this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did...

Don't think the Texans are an issue any longer...they should win the division, but in the playoffs, I don't think they'll survive long.

I always have concerns...it's the NFL...lol.

15. K Train

they arent gonna wow anyone in the regular season, but realistically they are looking at either the 1st or the 5th seed this year and they certainly will not be a team anyone wants to play in the playoffs...the oline right now looks like its firing off the ball, hopefully ben gets his hand healthy for the cold weather.

the ravens sweep was heartbreaking, but losing to only them and the texans is not the end of the world and they beat the patriots (a team that not only owns them on a regular, but dismantles them)

this team is built for the postseason though, i fully expect them to once again contend for a superbowl bid

16. Crowned

I don't want to go to Foxboro, that's the only thing I fear. Last year the only reason we made it to the Super Bowl is because the Jets did the dirty work and knocked the Patriots out of it, and we matched up well against the Jets. If we get a wildcard we can beat the AFC West/South winner on the road and we will beat Baltimore in Baltimore. I just don't want that final trip in the AFC Championship game to be in Foxboro. I'm comfortable with any other scenario.

17. K Train

honestly the ravens are the team id feel most comfortable in seeing in an AFC championship game, i think theyd be in over their heads

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

thanks for the feedback gents

19. Crowned

Kemo is garbage.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Big time. Waste of a roster spot. Dude has been garbage for a while now. Guaranteed at least one costly penalty per game...at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.