Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Johnson is an ACL. he's done. Adams is less severe...which hopefully is good news...

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea Tomlin said it's "less severe" than Johnson's... that could still be pretty bad lol

3. Crowned

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

so i dont think adams played bad, the eagles run a tough pass rushing scheme and he hastn really seen much 9 wide in practice if any. I thought he did some good things, and showed good feet. needs to engage better for sure, but not far behind where gilbert was last year. hes listed as the starting LT for a reason though, hes got some thigns to work on but thats expected.

decastro didnt look like he was struggling physically AT ALL, he did however look confused sometimes...bs on him having the mental part down, he was clearly confused sometimes.

dwyer looked great, his AC joint is gonna keep him out, thats a huge blow as it keeps redman in, who is terrible still.

love me some rainey, hes going to be a dangerous player.

batch like i thought is a nobody, i would be surprised if he makes the team.

sanders was taking nnamdi to school, just something to note

got pouncey to sign my jersey :-) my gf was so embarrassed. she hates football, i was yelling at im from behind the bench in the 3rd lol

5. Crowned

Well to be fair Gilbert absolutely dominated Trent Cole in his first pre-season game at LT last year..

6. Crowned

and how did Rainey's speed look live?

7. K Train

its exciting speed no doubt, from 0 to full speed in no time, whether he scored a lot of TDs or not hes always gonna put us on the edge of our seat with the thought of him taking it to the house

8. K Train

also, nice to see an Al Woods sighting. He has been my dude for years since he was at LSU but he could never crack that lineup despite being an insane athlete for a big man. I said priot to this year he needs to shake that raw label, hopefully he does and is kept around because McClendon, Woods, Taamu could be a freaking MONSTER dline rotation

9. Crowned

I didn't even watch Ziggy on any of the 1st team defense plays, was he holding his own?

10. K Train

from what i saw ( i didnt really notice him much because he was being out shined by mcclendon) but i did get a good glimpes of him on 3-4 particular plays and he looked real quick and much more stout than usual. OUTER LIMIT SPORTS might be paying off. Ill have to re watch though, its tough evaluating linemen live but its awesome watching the WRs and CBs

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good stuff K. Hopefully the Adams injury isn't serious. I haven't seen anything on it yet this morning. Game is on again at 1p EST today on NFLN. Gonna watch it from there later tonight. Really want to take note of what personnel groupings Haley was putting out there last night.

12. K Train

i like the use of rainey, ive been arguing on SA that hes by far the best bet as a "5th WR" he does it all and haley loves having a player like him, hes better than mccluster imo. He could legit be the best thing like sproles since sproles. All tiny guys draw that comparison just like all white receivers are the next wes welker but when you watch him and see his versatility you really can draw that compariosn imo

13. K Train

ryan lee was also by far the best backup offensive lineman

14. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

Steelers D looked good but it didn't looked too good for your starting O-Line, I mean eagles were basically playing their second string D-line and your O-line was getting manhandled i can only imagine how much pressure Roethlisberger would have been in if T.Cole or Babin would have played

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't say manhandled.

16. K Train

they werent playing as a unit, they all just werent on the same page. and keep in mind they probably havent practiced against a wide 9 scheme very much

17. Crowned

Sean Kugler just said Decastro is our starting right guard.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nice. SOunds like Adams is going to be out a couple weeks...

19. Crowned

Yea we need Adams to get back ASAP and figure this thing out or we need a healthy Max Starks week 1, I'll take either.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Moving Gilbert to LT for now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.