Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's all being put on ben's shoulders now after signing that deal. let's see if he can handle everything.

moore is defintely a good pick-up and will help the return game. now do guys think the steelers are going to look at wr in the draft ? is holmes the answer for ward who isnt getting any younger ?

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Straight from Colbert's mouth...they are open to drafting a player for any position except QB and TE.

I'm going to do a Blog on Colbert later tonight or this weekend...

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Several Draft day needs in Pittsburgh. O-line being one of them. A wr with more size another and I still think they need help at DB.
    I still worry about Parker's durability and hope Moore will help more with that.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was sort of happy to hear Colbert say they weren't targeting one specific area. Sounds like they are going to take the most talented player. I like that.

Still hoping inside that it is an O-Lineman, but I wouldn't be upset if we got Rashard Mendenhall...:icon_lol:

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

First round pick will be a offensive gaurd or tackle, don't kid yourself WARD.

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

They'll pick the best available athlete....as long as that athlete is a lineman.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

:TTW:

8. Crowned

Every time I think about our opponent list next season, I just can't help but think the Steelers are in for a disappointing season.

Now James Harrison gets arrested, this shouldn't be a problem or effect him or the team in any way come training camps, As long as he stays out of trouble in the future we should be good to go.

P.S.: The 2008 opponents still scare me. :scared:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

With the way the team played last season...sporadically and very inconsistent on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage, I can't see them winning more than 6-7 games next year. Their schedule is crazy difficult. I don't think I ever remember seeing it this hard...

10. Crowned

I think the defense will provide a better pass-rush this season, and if we can fix the o-line that will lead to more points and better time of possession. As long as the o-line gets somewhat patched I say we can get 10-6 and a playoff spot.

11. ncnvader

ncnvader Stewart and Williams

As of now, i'm thinking the Browns take the division, and the steelers get a wildcard. Well... assuming Anderson is not a 1-hit wonder. I don't think he is though. and with his arsenal of receivers, he shouldn't have a hard time at having a great season. But we all know what happened last time the steelers entered the playoffs as a wildcard..

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

If I'm being honest and going with my gut...I don't think they make it this year...and believe me...it pains me to say it...

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

AFC North is always open. Every time you think there's a clear cut advantage....someone plays over their heads. I think it could go any of 4 ways. Very evenly matched teams at this moment. The disadvantage I see for the Browns is that they don't know how to finish. How to win the conference. I know it will happen again some day but they had a good team last year and couldn't finish.
    The Ravens could be right back in it this year. All depends on the qb position for them. Bengals are just a year removed from being talked about for a Super Bowl appearance. Could they get right back to that level? I assume so...and of course the Steelers have always been the best over all team between those 4 so....it's a toss up.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

VERY TRUE. Good Point. Just the inconsitencies last year...they scare me this year.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Wide open. Could be first or last. If Cowher were still there I'd probably have a different opinion. I almost always had a positive outlook when he was there. Tomlin is still unproven. I like him but it's only been one year.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm with you on Cowher...didn't like Tomlin when they first hired him. I started to warm up on him, but am in a holding pattern right now. I liked Cowher the day they signed him...I don't know why, I just did.

17. Crowned

I like Tomlin's attitude, but yea your right AFC North is going to be tough, You know us and the Browns will be tough and You never know which Bengals and Ravens teams you're going to get.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was just trolling the Steelers Website, the new Draft Day Cap is available for sale if any one is interested. I'm not sure if we can post the link...

Not sure if I am going to get one yet...

19. Crowned

I don't like this years draft day cap at all, wasn't feeling last years sideline cap either.

I really hope we can pick up Hartwig, I think that will be the beginning of solidifying the line plus the draft of course.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the last "draft day cap" I liked was this one: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/312NAG39CZL._AA216_.jpg

I think this was Roethlisberger's...

I'm not big on the Gold Lids...

I'd love to see it as well. If they could iron something out with Starks to free up some money...

I don't know what's going on with that...have you heard anything? From what I have heard, he hasn't gotten any offers...or interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.