One Last Look At Our 2008 Season

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherGF, Jan 11, 2009.

1. PantherGF

PantherGF KEEP POUNDING

One can say that the future of our division and our franchise looks promising and yes this season ended pretty badly but you got to look at the promise of next year now. This year we came over a lot of adversity starting the year without our top WR Steve Smith and pulling out 2 wins we did struggle at times but we do have a very good team. Our strength was and is our running game and with 2 very young and very promising running backs we have a lot to look forward to. We had not made the playoffs since 05' and I won't say I am not in dismay about our loss yesterday and that I am not upset but I won't say I was not happy with our ending result yes I would love to have had a Super Bowl but take a look back at our last few season when we didn't make the playoffs we beat out 3 very good teams to win our division for the first time since 03' and ended up in the 2nd in NFC standings at the end of the season up until last night we managed to go undefeated at home all year and coming from last year when we only one 2 games at home and they were the last 2 games of the season. So good job Cardinals and good luck and good job guys and now lets get ready for next season! GO PANTHERS!

Notes From the Cardinals game: Maybe start looking at Matt Moore as a possible starter for next season if Jakes production does not improve because lets face it when we lost it was because Jake threw the ball away and who ever made the decision after that first drive in the game to start throwing the ball almost every first down we had after that you sir are an idoit, our strength all season was the running game and that was proven in the first drive yet why all the sudden did you have the outlandesh idea that we were a better passing team instead of sticking with what you had done all year throw the ball maybe 12 to 14 times and run run run! The Cardinals defense knew what you were doing after the first 4 times you decided to pass on 1st down and they knew after the first 2 turnovers they scored on and had you down that you were going to go back to it. Next Jake you sir are also a fool last night I mean seriously why did you throw into double coverage on the 10 and not just throw it away it wouldn't have killed noone to just throw it out of bounds when noone is open, and 5 INT if you don't pick it up next season I could see them drafting a QB, trading for one, or just plain out sitting you for Matt Moore you were are achiles heel all season and you just cost us our best shot since 03' to go to the Super Bowl. Finally our defense I knew coming into this game we had a decent defensive line but I knew our secondary was horriable anyones grandmother could pass on you all, you knew who they were going to get the ball to, what was so hard about doing your job and following him. Our draft next year and offseason accusitions should mainly focus on the defensive line and secondary because you guys suck!

Anyways if you take the time to read my little rant thanks I know it was long but I had to vent good luck Cards you played a very good game and deserve to be where you are at this point.:indifferent:

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

MATT MOORE FTW!!!!