Oswalt To Philly

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Jul 29, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Astros weren't the team they once were either.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Oswalt was 106th out of 107 pitchers in run support, if he got even top 40 run support his record would be something like 14-5. Imagine if his run support (over a whole season, not one game) was even better than that. Stop being a hater, He has a good K to BB ratio and a nice ERA in a hitters park. He is still a good pitcher.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

so once again your backing statement to your opinion equates to "just because".

gotcha.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Do you have a logical reason why his W-L record this year is 6-13? BESIDES run support?

I hope the Astros picked up some of his contract, because he certainly isn't worth what the Phillies are paying him.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

:word01:

6. mike oxlong

astros paid 11 million, and it's quite obvious that you didn't read my post, If he had top 40 run support, like most pitchers with the good win loss records, his record would be 14-5 or better. Please just stop hating on something you obviously refuse to understand.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

he has to be trolling. nobody can be that stupid.

8. ragman

First of all, I'm not a troll. I've been here longer than you have. If you don't believe me, look it up.

Second, just because I don't agree with you about Roy Oswalt, that does not make me stupid.

Third, if you want to step into the Fight Club, I'll be glad to. Any time!

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh really ?

well you proved one thing because being a troll has little to do with your tenure here sparky. it points out the fact the you're just baiting by posting nonsensical comments to induce an argument.

you made a comment, you were given contrary facts that proved your stance was flawed and yet you did nothing to support your opinion but rather you continued to just say, "yeah well he stinks." then you post proving you didn't even know the terms of the trade and say give me another logical reason beside no run support ??????? what am i supposed to think here ? i thought i gave you the benefit of doubt by claiming you were a troll instead of being stupid.

if you feel you wanna take this to the FC be my guest. just take it easy on me though as i'm not that good at talking smack.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This has gotten hilarious. I thought there was no way in hell he was serious.

11. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I'm going to go with he played with the astros who are having a difficult time winning which would mean his W-L record would suck. It's really not hard to figure out if you know more about baseball then what you read scrolling on the bottom of ESPN.

12. mike oxlong

here is another one in his favor

best K/9 innings and whip since he was a rookie.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

still has the worst run support. in fact it got even lower last night.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...but I like the "W."

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

absolutely. this guy is going to be huge for the phils. he and halladay and hopefully hamels are going to feed off of each other. maybe blanton will decide to join the frey tonight ?

16. ragman

At least, your team won. My team was up 6-1 in the top of the sixth, and the bullpen screwed the pooch.

Yankees won 7-6.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The numbers say the Phillies will win tonight. Dodger SP Clayton Kershaw is 0-3 against the Phillies in his career with an ERA near 7.

17. mike oxlong

What a freaking AWESOME!!!!! win tonight, down 9-2 in the 8th, Thanks broxton!!!

18. ragman

Great win for you guys last night.

The Dodgers bullpen last night looked like the Rangers bullpen on Wed. night. Had a lead but couldn't hold it.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

6-1 with a 1.98 ERA since joining the Phils. Not too shabby.

20. mike oxlong

or not

not since being on a winning team

it definitely helped us, great prognostication

run support seems to have been the reason, and he certainly is worth the amount we picked up.

and Dawk summed it up nicely...