Ovechkin Suspended For Campbell Hit

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Sportsguy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The NHL has suspended Alex Ovechkin two games for his boarding hit on Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell.It is the second suspension of the season for the two-time defending Hart Trophy winner.

Source: ESPN.com

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He should be.

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

This will just piss him off to score more goals.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea I agree with you. he deserves it
    im sure that will happen

5. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

still the best player in the game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkQKBGAQExQ"]YouTube - Craig Adams Dirty Hit on Alexander Ovechkin HD - Feburary 7th 2010[/ame]

Adams didn´t even get 2 minutes here

Richards, Cooke .... hit the guys in the head , no suspensions

GO OV ! and caps will destroy ya

6. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Sorry, that belongs to Sid the Kid.

Ovechickencrap gets 2 games, should've been more for the dirty pr**k...

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Ovechkin needs to stop being so reckless. He doesn't give a crap about other players on the ice. He probably should have received a few more games than 2 but he's Ovechkin.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Should he wear a skirt while playing too? Ovechkin is the best in the game today and will end up the best ever..... being fearless and playing all out is a big part of that.

9. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

i think 2 games is enough for this. he has a reputation of being dirty

10. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

The NHL just proves more and more how anti-Russian they are.

I don't agree Ovechkin should have been suspended for this. The game misconduct was a bullcrap call to begin with. I agree the 5min penalty, but he shouldn't have been kicked out of the game. He didn't intentionally mean to hurt the player. That's how you get a misconduct.

Funny how Craig Adams did the EXACT same thing to Ovechkin, if not worse due to him throwing him head first into the boards and what do you know, Adams didn't get a penalty or suspension.

You have the Canadian Matt Cooke who gave Marc Savard a concussion. A guy who is in extreme pain if the television is turned on. Yet they didn't give him a penalty or a suspension. Cooke has been doing the same thing since he's been in the NHL.

Canadian gives man 2nd degree concussion = no suspension
    Russian hurts man unintentionally = suspension

Now I understand the rules as to why he was suspended, but him receiving the game misconduct is why he got it. If he didn't get that he wouldn't be suspended.

Doesn't matter, everyone saw what we did against the Blackhawks in Chicago down 3-0. We don't need Ovechkin to win. He's just a good helping hand when he's on the ice.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

what. Do you watch like 2 games a year? stfu. you don't know crap about hockey.

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Easy...

13. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im sure its not an anti russian conspiracy lol

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:icon_rolleyes: I know more about hockey then you know about what the heck I watch.

15. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

i agree both of those incidents deserved some sort of suspension, but to say Ovechkin didn't mean to hurt him is a little ridiculous. he knew exactly what he was doing

16. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Captain material baby.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Take off the homer glasses bud. Ovechickencrap is a dirt bag.

When someone breaks him in two, he'll deserve it.

But keep on defending the golden boy.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i laugh at the ovechkin is the best player claims. crosby easily takes that crown and this coming from a guy who hates crosby way more than OV.

on the suspension thing. the NHL once again proves why it is a joke. incosistentcy is the norm with the league. it's like watching a dad of one of the players officiating the games and league. pathetic. to me, if you dish out a dirty hit there should be a mandatory suspension. if that hit results in an injury that goes beyond the suspension you should be out as long as the play you injured.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, a dirty hit + a broken collar bone + broken ribs = no suspension should be given? Give me a break!

19. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

We're talking about Ovie lovers here.

Why would they care about golden boy hitting people's heads.

20. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Do you watch Ovechkin play, he barely hit him. When Ovechkin hits people, you know he hits them, that was more of a shove if anything. I hear Campbell is an elbowing happy anyways, he got what he deserved.

Ovechkin still isn't as dirty as that Canadian Matt Cooke who has been pulling elbow hits like the one a couple games ago his entire career in the NHL.