Packers Could Dominate NFC For Years

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jan 14, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers could dominate NFC for years

2. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I hope Favre doesn't retire for 2 years, that's when the 49ers play NFC North in 2009. I hope the Pack beats New England, but won't happen.

3. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Won't happen? They play the game for a reason.

Packers only have two free agents this year, one they will keep, one they will let go, and with 25 mil under the cap and the youngest team in the NFL... who knows what can happen - props to Thompson and McCarthy!

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

The Billy Beane of the NFL.

5. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I don't want to prepare for Aaron Rodgers!:icon_eek: By then, Alex Smith will be long gone.:icon_cry: Beating Favre has special meaning then beating Aaron Rodgers. Favre has to play 2 more years so my team has one more shot at him. I don't even know if my team or the Pack will be in the playoffs together.:icon_redface:

6. blitzah

blitzah Starter

They could "dominate", but if Favre retires and Rodgers isnt what they thought he was, they wont. Hes not been given a real chance yet and Favre wont be around forever.

7. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Won't happen this year and truthfully this season is now over.

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

They could dominate for years... Let's wait for them to dominate the NFC at least once.

If we go this way, the 49ers could have 7 rings by 2012, too...:redface:

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

It all comes down to one point, Favre or Rodgers. As long Brett is playing on this high level, the Pack is able to stay ontop, but what happens if he finally retires? Favre tauhgt Rodgers a lot, but he is a player you can't replace.

10. lostfan

lostfan Starter

I just wonder what would happen, if, hypothetically Favre stays around for 2 more years and Rodgers becomes an UFA and another team offers him big $$$ to leave Green Bay and the Packers don't match it. If I am Rodgers, loyalty plays zero role in whatever decision I make.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I wouldn't blame Rodgers for this. I think he'll be a good QB and deserves to be on the field, instead warming the bench.

12. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i dont see it happening either i know farve cant play until these guys retire the transition from one quarterback to another will be bad.

13. PackersFan34

PackersFan34 Starter

Favre i think will stay around a couple more years because he is playing some of the best football of his carrer right now but Rodgers is a good quarterback and ollysj is right that he deserves to be on the field

14. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

he may be right now coming on as a back up but when your the starter some people get over whelmed at being the leader of the offense.

15. PackersFan34

PackersFan34 Starter

Are u saying Rodgers shouldnt start somewhere!

16. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Brett Favre won't be around forever. So, no they won't dominate the NFC.

17. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Rodgers is the 2nd best QB in the NFC North :icon_cheesygrin:

18. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I really cant imagine GB without Favre. Its gonna be weird watching GB play without him. I'm gonna miss Favre, he is a living legend IMO.

19. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Yep I agree.....but then again I couldn't imagine Miami without Marino and I'm still trying hard not to!:icon_eek:

20. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Steady, I only want Bret Favre to stick around so we can beat him before he retires. Man, you call yourself a 49er fan too! I respect bret Favre, until it's time to play against him, and like a real fan of the 49ers, I root for my team.