Packers Have Discussed Signing QB Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Aug 6, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson's non-answer to a question about Michael Vick was more than just Ted being Ted. The team is doing thorough due diligence on the former NFL quarterback and has had legitimate discussions about the idea of signing him, according to sources.

Source:
    Wisconsin State Journal

2. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I don't see where he'd fit in, to be honest. The top 5 receivers are set, I don't think Vick is big enough to be a running back and unless we cut Brohm (Which I wouldn't mind), our QBs are set.

3. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Have to wonder wtf TT is thinking...the Packers have no need for Vick. It's just TT being TT.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

ya i just don't buy it unless brohm just tanks. all vick would do is probably take snaps away from some of our better players.

nice sig btw

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I would give him a try for the backup position. I didn't feel very comfortable with Flynn and Brohm

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I heard Brett Favre is still available

:bolt:

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

to replace Romo

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I don't see him fitting in with the Packers unless they going to be using the wild cat.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

its not so much a wildcat, thats about the most hyped up freaking thing ive heard this year....but vick could add some versatility to make the better in certain packages, he wouldnt hurt, he would only help

10. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

It would be a wildcat type package, just like some of you have said..He would help immensely, i mean, if MV lines up on the field...you know they are gonna be watching him big time, which could open up A TON of other plays for the packers.....and i honestly think they should cut brian brohm..hes garbage and matt flynn is wayyyyyy ahead of him at this point.

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

first off this is TT admitting that flynn and brohm are both terrible. Something we all knew already. Second, it would sell jerseys and TT remembers vick's best playoff game was at Lambeau

12. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

hey, matt flynns NOT that bad...hes decent he just hasnt gotten time to show it.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

As I wrote before, I don't feel comfortable with both of them. BB was a bust so far and Flynn a surprise, what didn't say Flynn is more tham mediorce. I guess MV can win the backup spot over them. Backup, nothing more

14. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

Yeah Vick would be a great fit on any team. You know how they say "change of Pace running back" well Vick will be a change of QB!

15. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I'm happy with Flynn, to be honest, he's nothing special, but he isn't going to lose the game. The big knock on him is that he doesn't throw the long ball. If Rodgers goes down, I hope we don't try to throw the long ball. He also can make some plays with his feet.

16. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

packerboy...how do u have such a HUGE amount of vcash!?

17. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Be on topic, mmehring. This thread is about Michael Vick, not vcash. Ask him about it in a private message or some other alternative. Thanks.

Anyways, as long as I don't see Vick in a 49ers uniform, I don't honestly care where he goes. He'll more than likely achieve little anyways I bet.

18. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

so sorry?

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He'll probably end up a 9er now.