Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Credits Tommie Harris For Keeping Him Healthy

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Dec 18, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Logic would dictate that Packers quarterback Aaron Rogers is never happy with being hit, but he sure was happy when Tommie Harris let up on him in the meeting between NFC North rivals last Sunday at Soldier Field. The Chicago defensive tackle hit Rodgers low as he attempted a pass on a two-point conversion early in the fourth quarter and Rodgers said if Harris wanted to he could have put the Packers quarterback out for the season. "I was just able to spin out of it," Rodgers told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "As I got hit, and I was turned, I felt my knee start to go back. Luckily, I really feel he (Harris) eased up on me a little bit. I don't know if that's because I know him and we've done a couple of charity events together, but he was like the first one to be like, 'Hey, Aaron, are you OK?' So, I appreciated that because if it had been somebody who is a dirty player, it might have been season-ending." Harris told the Chicago Tribune that the NFL fined him $5,000 for the play, part of the legislation this season that outlaws players from hitting the quarterback low, but he will appeal the fine.

Source:
    National Football Post