Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Now Expected To Miss 4 To 6 Weeks

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by ICECOLD, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The timeline around the return of Aaron Rodgers has been decidedly vague, but the picture is beginning to clear up.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Green Bay Packers quarterback likely faces a four-to-six-week recovery from the fractured collarbone he suffered in Monday night's 27-20 loss to the Chicago Bears, according to two sources informed of the injury.

Source: NFL.com

ICECOLD's Take: 3 weeks didn't sound like the end of the world. 4-6 weeks is a different story. Green Bay is going to have to play some really sound football to help Seneca out. And dare I mention, VY is still sitting on a couch....

2. bossco

bossco Rookie

Vy looked solid in the pre season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, it's hard to imagine the packers still being above .500 if seneca is under center for the next 6 games but maybe they will find a way to do it.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Packers next 6 games are against the Eagles, Giants, Vikings, Lions, Falcons, and Cowboys in that order. Not the toughest schedule without Rodgers but not a schedule to be taken lightly.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

4 to 6 weeks?

Hmmmm....

[​IMG]

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Bears fans everywhere are happy!!!

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why would Bears fans be happy? It's not like the Calvin Johnson got hurt too...

8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

everyone will get to play them without rodgers in that timeframe until the Cowboys. And we'll be victim #1 of an angry, motivated, returning aaron rodgers. sweet.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:icon_smile:

Not that I'm happy, not that it'' help since we're still a train wreck waiting to happen, but selfishly (& finally) appreciate that the Pack can finally know what it's like to lose a QB...after what seems like a million games.

10. Badger

Badger Rookie

Well, the Packers themselves didnt give a timetable at first, it was mostly ESPN saying he could be back in a few weeks.
    The saving grace is that the Packers have a pretty soft schedule right now and they should only need about 5 more wins in order to make the playoffs. They likely wont win the NFC North but they can still make the playoffs. IMO, the Packers should be able to win 2 out of their next 3 and with the way Lacy and Starks are running the ball right now, they dont need Wallace to be great, just smart and efficient.
    Another facet to consider is Scott Tolzien. They promoted him yesterday and if they do end up becoming a running team and Wallace is just God awful, they do have in Tolzien a QB who has experience with a running team (he was the starting QB for the Badgers for a couple years and was pretty successful).
    Beyond that, we shall see. I still have faith the Pack can find a way to get some wins, make the playoffs and make another run to the Super Bowl when they get Rodgers back. In some ways, the Bears created their worst nightmare because for the Packers, the playoffs start this week and the last thing the Bears or anyone else wants because a Packers team who is playing with focus and desperation who then get a motivated Rodgers back is a very dangerous team. Remember 2010, kiddos? Same deal. The Packers had a ton of injuries, snuck into the playoffs and rode that, "us against the world" mentality all the way to another Lombardi trophy.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, i definitely see some losses in there with Wallace at qb. If they could go 3-3 in that stretch, they might still have a shot at a playoff spot.

Problem for them is there are currently 8 teams in the nfc with winning records. I'm getting the feeling that 10 wins may not be enough for a wild card.

12. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

They're screwed.Without Rodgers defenses will load up the box to stop the run and take the chance that Wallace can't be consistent enough to beat them.Expect more 3 and outs and a tired Packers D that will give up points late.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I can see 3-3 without Rodgers as well. We will definitely find out what the Packers are made of without Rodgers.