Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Upset With Comments By Falcons WR Roddy White

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers wasn't interested in trading barbs Wednesday with former teammate Brett Favre, but Rodgers did wag his finger at the Atlanta Falcons, the Packers' Week 5 opponent and a familiar foe. Rodgers said Wednesday he did not appreciate comments the Falcons, including wide receiver Roddy White, made after they fell to the Packers in last year's NFC Divisonal Playoffs, calling them "borderline disrespectful." “We were a better team than those guys," White said after the 48-21 loss, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "We went out there, and we didn’t perform at our highest level.†Rodgers did not single out White's remark during a conference call Wednesday, but said he upset with what he heard after the game. “I don’t care to expand a whole lot on that,†Rodgers said. “I just think that some of the general comments that I heard that that game was kind of a fluke maybe. I would just say that I think you need to respect your opponents. We definitely respect the Falcons. ... I just felt like that maybe the respect level, just as far as those comments were concerned, maybe weren’t there at times.â€

Source: NFL.com

2. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Go ahead and give bulletin board material to the best team in football. Smart move.. smh

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Don't run your mouth and do what you can do best - Run our O and win that game

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pack doesn't need bulletin board material. They'll destroy Atlanta either way...

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

now some of the team is getting as bad as some their fans.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. Wha

Am i missing something.... How is this "disrespectful". All Roddy said was that we were better than them, which is justified since we won more games and beat them a month ealier, and that we didn't play to our level; which we didn't. As anyone who watched that game can tell you, we played like crap all around, play-calling, offense, and defense.

Not sure if Rodgers is just trying to reach for motivation here or if he has the emotional fortitude of a 5 year old, either way this is pathetic.

7. Why is Rodgers crying about this??? Didn't they beat them???

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

At that time last year, yeah, we were a better team, but Rodgers exploited our corners like it was nothing. Roddy was frustrated but it's not like he said "Rodgers blows and so do the Packers", he said "we feel like we're the better team". At the same time, Roddy's got to learn to keep his mouth shut because even though the defense is playing a little bit better, Rodgers is still going to light us up and Raji is going to destroy our swiss cheese makeshift O-line.

Though I would love to see different.

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Talking trash to the defendiong superbowl champs is never a good idea. I think Eodgers should just go out and throw for 300 yards this week and silence all the haters

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

How is it justified? The Packers won the Super Bowl and the Falcons lost the first playoff game they played. I'd say the Packers were by far the better team.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

15 good players on IR. And still won. Not the better team.

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

huh? :scratch:

13. Buck Fenson

I used to go to the Falcon message board and the fans there were horrible. Saying some stupid things. I even got banned from there for stating facts. The fans here are pretty knowledgeable and see the team as they are. The players are not giving the Pack their due. Fact, Falcons were the #1 seed and the Pack came in with second and third teamers and beat them in their house and the Falcons were the better team? Maybe up until that game they were but that day they weren't. Shoddy should say they beat us on that day and congrats but wait until next year. Or something like that. Give credit where credit is due. I don't like the Packs but they was the best team last year.

14. The point is that these are comments Roddy made 8+ months ago right after his team lost badly to a team that barely made the playoffs. Rodgers saying he's still upset with it is pathetic.

15. Buck Fenson

that is understandable. just move on Rodgers. let your game do the talking on both sides

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I thoght, you were talking about the very nice Packers fans :icon_mrgreen: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_cheesygrin: