Packers RB Alex Green Finishes Minicamp As The Starter

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by DaBears22, Jun 16, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Green Bay Packers worked hard to improve their running back position this offseason, investing second- and fourth-round picks on Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin in the 2013 NFL Draft, respectively. But Alex Green isn't about to give up his starting job without a fight, and as noted by Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel, Green started and finished minicamp as the No. 1 back.

Green rushed for just 464 yards with no touchdowns and a per-carry average of 3.4 yards. On top of that, Green was actually the leading rusher in Green Bay, who has been struggling at the running back position for some time now.

That said, Green was injured throughout most of 2012.

Source: SBNation

2. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Rookie

This surprises me. I figured Lacy would take the starting job with Franklin and Harris behind him. I didn't see Green on the roster this season.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Maybe the competion helped him to step up

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Poised for a trade...who doesn't want to trade for a "starter?"

5. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

That's the same thing I was thinking. Make em look like a stud n then trade him n blame it on the system he went to when he doesn't perform.

I thought lacy was a good RB n would be the starter. Whatever

...and I fade back to black.

6. Badger

Badger Rookie

I fully expect Lacy to be the starter by the middle of the season, unless he is out with an injury. A starting running back with only 400 yards isnt going to get it done.

7. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Franklin will play in more games this season then Lacy. Lacy is just like T-Rich, INJURY PRONE

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Feel the same about Franklin...

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Richardson is a monster. He is going to improve greatly this year, lacy is nothing like richardson, wouldnt surprise me one bit to see richardson out play ray rice as a runner and a receiver (we was a top tier receiving back as a rookie).

I think lacy will be a decent pro, he will be what they were hoping benson would be in that offense last year. Franklin is probably the better fit for what the packers want though...its a good problem to have.

I dont get why lacy gets labeled as injury prone, because he had some issues in training for the combine? He played dinged up a lot last year and played very well

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Calling Richardson injury prone is very uninformed

11. K Train

Same with lacy

12. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

T-Rich surprised me last year after reading what Jim Brown said about him after he was drafted. I figured one of the greatest would know more than most about what to look for in RB talent

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

It's gone away since the change in ownership, but Brown was very bitter against the organization at that point in time. I have an undeniable bias here, but T-Rich is talented enough to be a top-3 back if they can get the team going with some momentum.

14. K Train

Jim Brown is a bitter, grumpy old man and was a RB that was bigger than 90% of all dlinemen back then...im going to have to disagree that jimbo knows best

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Isn't this not the first time he's hated on a young highly touted back and been wrong?

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star