Packers RB Eddie Lacy wins 2013 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by 86WARD, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy nudged out San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen for the 2013 Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award at Saturday's "NFL Honors" ceremony.

Whereas Allen finished 22nd in receiving yards and 13th in receiving touchdowns, Lacy placed eighth in rushing yards and third in rushing scores. From Week 5 on, LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles were the only running backs to average more than Lacy's 86.7 yards per game.

Philip Rivers and Ryan Mathews did the heavy lifting for the Chargers. Lacy carried Green Bay's offense for a crucial seven-game stretch when Aaron Rodgers was sidelined, emerging as the Packers' most valuable player.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-eddie-lacy-wins-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Kid was reminiscent of a young Early Campbell. Deserves it...

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lotta teams passed over this kid...

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

This award for the 2013 season was a no brainer. Lacy is a beast when healthy. I think the Packers got a bargin drafting him in the 2nd round last year.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would have given it to Allen. A 1,000 yard rookie receiver is way more impressive the a 1000 rookie runner

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I was pulling for Allen as well. Much harder for WRs to develop than RBs

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

But is it nowadays? There used to be a three year learning curve for a WR...but now they are starting to come in and contribute Day One. RB's are beginning to have it a little harder with the RBBC and less carries in "today's game." No?