Packers RB Ryan Grant Out For The Season With Ankle, Leg Injuries

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports via twitter that Green Bay Packers running back Ryan Grant is done for the season with severe ankle and leg injuries. Grant is expected to be placed on injured reserve, turning the backfield over to Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that Grant has a torn ligament in his ankle. NFL.com's Steve Wyche adds that Grant will have a screw inserted into his lower leg to help the injury heal. Grant is slated to be on crutches for 10-to-12 weeks.

Source:
    Jay Glazer: Twitter.com

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Yea, it looked pretty serious at the time & with the other injuries, clouds up the North pretty good.

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Screw!

There goes our running game.....

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

there's about to be a mad FF rush on Brandon Jackson

5. Article updated.....Grant has a torn ligament in his ankle and will be on crutches for 10-12 weeks. He'll also have a screw inserted into his lower leg.

Tough blow for the Pack.....

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Good luck on this. I doubt he can replace Grant

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

do you think the pack will go after someone?

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Damn... 18 games FTL

10. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

There goes our season...I hope B Jax is able to handle this. From what ive seen hes fast and powerful as all hell. Hes got a lower body kind of like turner's...so we shall see.

11. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

willie parker?

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Jackson is a stud. He doesn't have the vision that Grant does, but more talent overall. I see him having a rough start but picking it up every game.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Do you guys really think that little of Jackson that you'd want to go after Willie Parker???

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The talent to run in to every random defender....

14. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

WHAT? Have you even watched the end of last year or this preseason dude!? Hes looked soooo much this preseason especially...his lower body is JACKED now too.. and he put up good numbers against the eagles on barely any touches. We should be fine

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

he had two decent runs against the Eagles on missed tackles. other than that he ran into players over and over.

he is almost as injury prone as bob sanders and he's a part time player. You can be sure the packers will sign someone soon.

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looks like we saw a different game, that he did

This

Dude, stop wearing this

[​IMG]

17. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Olly, you cannot blame me for giving him credit..hes better than anyone available to us at this point..unless we trade for someone which wont happen..and hes a VERY good pass blocking rb...way better than grant..Point is....Im just sick of everyone just bashing the packers for stupid crap EVERY year...Everyone this year was CRYING during the draft at us drafting defensive lineman...but if we hadnt..wed be in a much worse position now especially with jolly and harrell out, and jenkins in a club. Im sorry if i have hope for this team?

Theres definitely a difference between being hopeful and having confidence in our players...and wearing sunglasses. All i ever see from most people on here is negativity toward SOMETHING/Anything with the packers.. and them crying that the team isn't run right...

I bleed green and gold..win or lose, bad or good..not like the bandwagon patriot or viking fans

Also, most of the times he "RAN" into people..were on three and outs at the end of the game when we were just running to try and chew up clock..they knew we weren't throwing and wed most likely play safe like normal.

and when has he ever had a season ending injury? Or any amount of significant injuries like sanders? LOL at comparing him to sanders

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

When did he ever play a full season? Just because "hes better than anyone available to us at this point" doesn't mean crap.

Why did we keep Harrell? He's just another bust TT brought in and should have erased from the roster last season.

19. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

We kept harrel because of how much he was payed and what was invested in him...it would have made NO sense to cut him even with his injuries..because of his contract

I dont like thompson any more than you or the next guy..but you forget again that hes drafted rodgers, matthews, collins, jolly, and greg jennings..also signed woodson, pickett. among others. How can you say hes that bad when hes brought in so much amazing talent?

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

How about the roster spot? Would that make sense to you?

Harrell, Jackson, Brohm......