Packers Vs Falcons

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Jan 9, 2011.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Jan 17, 2011.
  1. Packers

69.2%
  2. Falcons

30.8%
  1. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The Atlanta Falcons host the Green Bay Packers at Georgia Dome on Saturday 1/15/11. Kickoff time is 8:00 pm EST

Discuss….

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

are the packers SB bound?

if they can beat the falcons, they would then have seattle or chicago ......... doesn't seem real hard ...........

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The team need to keep focused and we can beat the dirty birds at their backyard. The last game, we lost by a last seconds FG....

4. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Take the Packers to win the rematch over the Dirty Turds.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm also taking the Pack.

27 - 23 GB

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Packers. 27-20.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I am going to go with the Falcons in a close shootout

Falcons 30 - 27

9. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

I think the pack can beat them..they almost pushed OT last time..but a huge face mask penalty gave them field goal range almost immediately..also rodgers fumbled on the one yard line. I think they clean up their mistakes and move on to the championship round.

24-17 Packers!

10. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

11. Atlanta is 19-2 at home since Matt Ryan took over in 2008......

27-21 Falcons

12. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Packers 34
    Falcons 21

13. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Alright, boys, I can see you're all mimicking everything you see and hear from the national media. Tisk, tisk. I'm not saying the Packers aren't a formidable team; indeed, they are. But they will lose this game, folks. The Falcons D steps up big, causing red zone nightmares for Rodgers and Co.

Atlanta isn't sexy, but they are going to the Superbowl.

Atlanta 27 - Green Bay 19

14. Skarecrow7

Skarecrow7 Rookie

Two great teams that are evenly matched. I hope my Packers pull off the upset. I am just looking forward to drinking free beer bought by a Vikings fan while watching the Pack (she is throwing a surprise b-day for her husband... luckily the game is on at the same time)

15. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Im not mimicking anything. I believe whole heartedly that Rodgers will tear apart Atlanta's poor secondary. Your nickle corner is hurt and is doubtful, and we have a ground game now. I think the pack goes 5 wide a TON tomorrow and we pull it off.

31-24

16. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Poor? Someone didn't scout their opponent the last 5 games of the season. And 1 game does not a rushing attack make, my friend. Philly's rush defense has been bad all year. But, we shall see. I can't wait for this game to start! It's taken forever! :icon_cool:

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

packers 24
    falcons 21

18. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Picking the Falcons....go Tony G!!!

19. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Rodgers threw for 330 yards on them the last time and that was before our Def was playing the way they are. Cullen Jenkins sat out and Clay Matthews was not 100%. Ive done my hw..and i just think your crazy to think the pack gets held to a td and four fg's? You guys allow an average of 105 yards a game on the ground, so id consider that a bad rush defense..no matter who we line in the backfield. It wasn't one game..we've had almost a hundred yards rushing in every game...split between 2-3 backs. As far as rush defense goes however..i cant really say much with how many yards we've allowed but we allowed only a handful of rushing tds. Although, Philly allowed about 15 yards more per game on the ground than the falcons..so they are pretty close if ya ask me.

I just think we have the best secondary left in the NFC if not the NFL (playoffs).

20. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Actually that's not really the case. Take away Rodgers scrambling & your average is more around 70-75 with probably 3, maybe 4 legitimate 100 yard games. Plus there's been a problem with situational running & keeping drives alive so it's not just about a respectable rush yardage at the end of the day.

The Pack needs a game like last week from Starks to keep the Atl D honest & help control the clock. We'll see if he's got one today...