Packers WR Donald Driver Wants A New Contract

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by MediaGuy, May 28, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Donald Driver isn't anywhere to be found because he wants his contract reworked. Two NFL sources said -- and a team source confirmed -- that Driver was absent because he wants the team to sweeten his contract. Driver, 34, has two years remaining on his contract, which calls for a $3.9 million base salary this season and a $4 million base salary in 2010.

Source: Wisconsin State Journal

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

:eek:hboy: WTF...

3. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Hmmm....does not at all sound llike Driver, BUT we all know these UNNOWN sources know everything....right???

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

If anyone should be getting a new contract it is Greg Jennings!

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

amen to that brother...he pulls down EVERYTHING out of the air

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

driver is a good wr, but from what i am hearing jordy nelson isn't too far from taking over some of drvier's time. the guy is 34, and the team passed on crabtree who could have made a nice addition. i dont think he;s getting anymore $ soon

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

We are loaded with good WR's, so I don't see DD getting a bigger contract.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

huh? he's going to make $8 million over the next 2 seasons and he thinks he's underpaid? wow, i think he's getting some bad advice from his agent or something. donald, you're 34 and you wouldn't be worth any more on the open market. keep your mouth shut, work your butt off, help your team as much as you can, and cash your healthy checks.

9. n1gbpackfan

Again, as I stated earlier, this does not sound like DD at all. I have not heard anything on the local news regarding him wanting a new contract. Consider the sources... none of them mentioned.

I do agree though, it would be nice if they got something done with Jennings. If they don't do it now, he won't be a Packer next season - guaranteed.

10. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

put jordy nelson in there

11. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

im know. why donald? packers need to get jennings a deal first and then maybe driver.

ted thompson better handle this right.

12. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

13. n1gbpackfan

Lmao - time to wake up 4STARRFAN!! He hasn't done much right since he got here.