Panthers C Ryan Kalil Promises To Win Super Bowl This Season

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Sweets, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Carolina Panthers Pro Bowl center purchased an ad in the Charlotte Observer and in it he predicts the club will win the Super Bowl this season in New Orleans. Kalil wrote an open letter to fans thanking them for their “unwavering support†and promising they would be rewarded this season with a “one hundred-percent, sterling silver victory. The Lombardi Trophy.†Kalil didn’t notify anyone with the club first about his plans, he told Joe Person of the Observer, because he didn’t want anyone to try to dissuade him from the move. “Every team says it every year, whether it’s publicly or not,†Kalil said. “They say they’re going to win the Super Bowl. “We’ve said it in the past in meeting rooms and behind closed doors. This year’s different. There’s a sense of urgency, a winning attitude that I haven’t seen before. And it’s in the way we prepare. It’s in the way we approach each work day, and I think fans will see it in the way that we play.†It is an exciting time for the club as it enters its second season with Ron Rivera as coach, he instilled a fresh attitude last season and quarterback Cam Newton proved to be a dynamic performer from the outset. There are some building blocks in place, there is no question about that. “There’s something different going on with the Panthers. There’s a different attitude, a sense of urgency, a different mindset that I haven’t seen since I’ve been here,†Kalil said. “And the sentiment is widespread. It’s not just in the players or the coaches. But the entire organization.â€

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

must be that time of year

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I guarantee the Baltimore colts will win the Superbowl!!!!

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did he take out a full page ad in the paper for this?!?

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

6. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

I swear football players simply have too much free time on their hands to do stupid things

7. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Making a promise to your fans to win a championship...uninformed. Taking out a full page ad too do it...thats just plain stupid.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

believing in cam newton

there goes your creditibility

9. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Probably won't even win the division.

10. Dragonite

Most def. won't win the division.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

could probably win the division, the NFC south makes it so easy to go from worst to first.

And i didnt know he took out a full page ad, im almost inclined to believe him now

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the Panthers won that division...

13. Dragonite

Please god tell me your not serious.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for putting an ad in the paper saying you'll win the Super Bowl in Carolina. Now people won't talk about the dumb crap I say.

Yours with love,

Michael Vick.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Nothing new to see here. Always a couple idiots that do it every year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Personally I like it. He had the nuts to say it. And it isn't like the dream team crap or Vick's comment. In Vick's case, you have to win at least one Super Bowl in order to be a dynasty. I hate to say this but the Panthers do have some talent. In theory, they can win it. I don't see much 0f a big deal about this. You ordinarily don't hear offensive linemen say stuff like that. And I think he did it more for the fans to get fired up for the season than really meaning it. After years of sucking, and I know all about that, I guess he thought the fans need something to look forward to. Not going to happen but good for him.

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

This

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

what duke said.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wouldn't be surprised at all. Saints are going through some issues...who knows how they will react to it, the Bucs and Falcons aren't anything to write home about. Right now that division is wide open IMO.

20. Dragonite

I suppose your right but the Saints D sucks anyways and our offense is going to be what it always was, I think Saints win the division easy.