Panthers Head Coach Ron Rivera wins 2013 NFL Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by 86WARD, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera was announced as the 2013 Associated Press Coach of the Year at Saturday's "NFL Honors" awards ceremony.

Rivera faced stiff competition from the Chiefs' Andy Reid, the Eagles' Chip Kelly, the Seahawks' Pete Carroll, the Patriots' Bill Belichick and the Cardinals' Bruce Arians.

After entering the season on the hot seat, Rivera turned his Carolina career around in October by embracing a newfound aggressive philosophy.

Rivera's penchant for gambling on key fourth downs earned him the moniker "Riverboat Ron," galvanized his team and injected life into a stale organization.

This football epiphany gave rise to a franchise record eight-game winning streak that ultimately resulted in 12 wins, the NFC South division title and the Panthers' first playoff appearance since 2008.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...na-panthers-ron-rivera-wins-coach-of-the-year

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I honestly feel like BB got screwed. The Patriots are just expected to do well every year so I think the job he did with what he had this year got overlooked.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

My vote would've gone to Andy.