Panthers Owner Insulted Peyton Manning, Drew Brees At Last CBA Talks?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Last week, negotiations between the NFL owners and the NFLPA fell apart. There's also, apparently, a little vitriol between the groups. That's not shocking. But Jay Feely's mention -- on the Michael Kay Show -- of the way Panthers owner Jerry Richardson reportedly spoke to NFL icons Peyton Manning and Drew Brees during a Dallas negotiating session is terrifying for anyone who thinks a peaceful ending to labor talks is coming soon. "Jerry Richardson, the lead negotiator for the owners, he's going to criticize Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and their intelligence in our meeting Saturday?" Feely said. "And sit there and say dismissively of Manning 'Do I need to help you read a revenue chart, son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don't know if you understand how to read that?'" Feely also pointed out that there was no "kinda" walking out by the owners during the bargaining session last week. "It's not true that they 'kinda' walked out," Feely said. "They did walk out. Logical minds can sit there and come up with a deal, but once you bring up emotion, then you get in the way of logic."

Source:
    CBS Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Would someone buy the Panthers from this jackass?

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wow.....and people critisizw Jerry Jones

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

If true, I wish Peyton would have decked him.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

He shouldn't talk until he can learn how build a successful franchise.

6. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

This guy should be managing a Taco Bell....not an NFL franchise.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

In his defense. While peyton is a good/great NFL quarterback. He doesn't exactly strike me as to bright either. I wouldn't necessarily assume he knows how to decipher an income chart. Seems to me he was just trying to offer to help.

But yeah.... since most people prefer to make it about the Panthers.....they suck.

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea I agree.it seems like he needs to go to anger management classes

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh the irony...

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Regardless of whether Manning or Brees knows how to read revenue chart, Richardson doesn't need to be a jerk off about it. The chart the owners are giving the players is probably a fake one any how...probably why Brees and Manning were puzzled...lol.

11. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Brees and Manning are paid to play football. For their knowledge on the field. They're not paid to read revenue charts, they're not in the front office of the organization. They were representing a voice for some of the players in the league, so whoever that clown thinks he is, should pull his head out his own butt.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

If they can't read revenue charts they shouldn't be representing the players in any kind of negotiations where they might have to read revenue charts. You're right, they get paid to play football, not read revenue charts, so don't trot them out in front of actual buisnessmen and expect anything productive to come of it. Just because they are the "faces" of football doesn't mean that they have the required skills to have any significant role in anything to do with labor negotiations. Let the dumb freaking jocks play their little game and leave the money issues to people who know what the heck they are doing. Fail by the NFLPA.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA]YouTube - I Fart In Your General Direction![/ame]