Panthers QB Cam Newton Says Teammates Need To Be At 'My Level'

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Dec 7, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton had his first national, taped interview earlier this week with ESPN. He did plenty of talking. From calling out his critics to demanding more from his teammates, Newton didn’t hold back in a four-minute segment as part of ESPN The Magazine’s “NEXT†series. With 3,297 passing yards, 518 rushing yards and 26 total touchdowns through 12 games, Newton has surpassed nearly every expectation of him this season. The biggest adjustment, he said, was going from being national champion at Auburn to playing for a Panthers team that was 10-22 in the two years prior to his arrival. “What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? ... It ain’t going to happen,†Newton said. “That’s the type of person that I am. I’m that lion. The house that I’m in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I’m trying to change that, whether I’m going to have to turn that house into a safari or I’m just going to have to get out of that house. I’m not saying I’m trying to leave this place, I’m just trying to get everybody on my level.â€

Source: Sporting News

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Sooooooo how high was he when he did this interview...? Lions and safari's and crap?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh boy...

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH2RtREpaac]Cam Newton ESPN the Magazine Interview - YouTube[/ame]

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He's gonna get lambasted for this arrogant bullcrap.

6. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

exit 2 the right please-------->

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

alex the lion maybe.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

p/s - you know why qb's like this guy are coming out and performing at a high level right out of the gates ? because the happys running the league have made it near impossible to defend the pbutt.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Jesus. Arrogant pr**k.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

26 total TD's, but how many turnovers?

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I'll be the first to call this one .................. Cam Newton's head is going to balloon very quickly and his career will resemble those of Jeff George, Vince Young, Michael Vick (jumping around from team to team, more drama than production on the field, never living up to full potential)

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

actually you're the 12th person i have seen with that opinion.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i hadn't heard or seen anyone say that yet but, as usual, i'm behind the 8 ball and didn't know it ......... story of my life. :doh:

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

And on the eighth day God created Cam Newton.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

you're still part of an elite club. :icon_cool:

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

is anyone really surprised at this? Really? I knew he was going to be a problem coming out. He may have won the Heisman and National Championship but he is a loser and always will be a loser. Glad we have to play him twice every year.

18. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm just surprised it's taken this long for Newton to show some of his questionable character.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

tebow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> newton

20. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

In the Personality Pro Bowl, no one gets more votes than Tebow.