Panthers QB Cam Newton Says Teammates Need To Be At 'My Level'

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

His interview could only have been better if he mentioned Tiger Blood.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

RIIC...

: laughy32:

The interview was just assinine.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

George IMO

Vick never seems interested in growing as a player, but was goond enough to win

Young wasnt as talented as people thought, He won driving the bus

George was just too physically talent to truely fail. And to much a pr**k to truly succeed. He seemed like the king of 25 TDs 10 picks and 6-8 wins. I think thats gonna be Newton

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Oh, what Cam said is going to go well in the Panthers locker room.:icon_rolleyes:

5. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Yea wonder how high that O-line might be this week. I would let his butt get blind sided one good time. Then tell him I let it happen and for him to shut his damn mouth.

6. ragman

This guy is a real legend in his own mind. I'm waiting to see how long it's going to take him to say that what he said was taken out of context.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't think Newton meant "his level" as in skillset, but he was talking about the winning mindset that he mentioned earlier in the interview.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

the part i loved is how he already planted the seed that he wants out if things dont change.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

exactly, the whole interview was unbelievable but that comment may have been the most damning.

10. ragman

That may not have been what he meant, but will that be perceived by his teammates?

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

watch cam newton is going to win a superbowl in the near future i agree with him the panthers players need to step up and be winners like this guy...

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

ummm a lot of guys on that team are winners, the team just isn't that great yet...hes a freaking rookie, simmer down their big boy.

13. myCoch

myCoch Rookie

He's putting up the numbers and playing at a high level. I don't have a problem with the comments. He's supposed to be the team leader and this is what leaders do.

We see it all the time where players have had nothing but success throughout high school and college and then land on a crappy team and struggle with the losing. I think that's what's at the heart of this. If your haven't lost much, you aren't going to take it well.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Granted he's putting up the numbers, but why in the heck does this dipcrap have to take it to the media. Nothing better than calling out your teammates in the privacy of the internet and in print.

15. CaptainStubing

i would be willing to bet every penny i have to my name (if you could match it) that cam newton will NOT win a super bowl in the near future (next 5 years?)........... i think he's going to become a huge drama queen and never lead a team to greatness

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

someone else who isn't drawn into the hype machine that is Cam Newton. Having the rushing record for quarterbacks isn't really impressive. Dude is huge, I grant you that but I want to wait a couple of years to see how he improves when teams get their second chance with him. Rookies can catch fire and have a great rookie season then slide into mediocrity.

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The house that I’m in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. With that statement he anointed himself as the new chosen one and threw everyone from the Gatorade-giver-guy to the CEO under the Cam bus. He's had Steve Smith and Jonathan Stewart (nobody's chumps) and Jesus Christ (Cam) for every game this season and he's leading them to a stellar 4-8 record.
    One could accuse Cam of running in situations better suited for Stewart and he's padding his own stats.The bottom line is that Cam has some damn nice weapons at WR and RB but too often takes the play himself and then snitches that that the cancer-laden Panthers need to meet his expectations. Rivera answered Cams proclamation that he's the standard bearer by pussing out with the 'gotta love his fire' comeback. Screw Cam for throwing his team under the bus TO THE MEDIA.
    Should he take the Panthers to the SuperBowl game, then heck me. I think the Carolina Cams will continue to wallow with a super-ego taking the snaps.
    At minimum someone within the organization needs to tell him to shut the heck up when it come to the media.

18. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

well then what you need to do Cam is you need to get them to be on your level. as the quarterback thats something you control

19. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Loving this crap

20. CaptainStubing

well, Cam got his wish. the rest of the panthers seemed to play at Cam's level yesterday. the team as a whole played well in the 1st half and then the team, right along with Cam, played like crap in the 2nd half. I think Cam completed more passes to the falcons in the 2nd half than the panthers.

Cam can't say they didn't 'play to his level' yesterday