Panthers To Introduce Chargers DC Ron Rivera As Head Coach On Tuesday

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by CP26, Jan 10, 2011.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Long considered the front-runner for the Carolina Panthers head coaching job, Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera is meeting with team owner Jerry Richardson today and is expected to be announced as head coach on Tuesday. It is known that Rivera has had people put out feelers in an effort to assemble a staff as he closes in on his first head coaching position. The Panthers were the ninth team with which Rivera has interviewed for a top job since 2006.

Source: The San Diego Union-Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

A position that has been overdue for him for years. A solid and inexpensive hire for the Panthers :)

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Poor bastard has his work cut out for him.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Nice choice, this should get the Panthers moving in the right direction. He gets to come in with a #1 draft pick, I wonder if he will take him a QB and get rid of Clausen in a year or two.

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

It's become apparent Notre Dame QB's aren't all they are cracked up too be...he should probably get himself a new QB.

This is a great hire for the Panthers though, I don't know how long its going to take to turn this franchise around but I know they chose the perfect coach to do it.

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

interesting...i thought the panthers would have gone with an offensive coach. great hire though.

7. Saintsfan1972

kind of like USC RB's

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

LOve this hire. Riveria probably should've gotten a chance a few years ago. Long time coming...

9. All the candidates they interviewed were defensive-minded. All of the head coaches in the history of their franchise have been defensive minded (Dom Capers, George Seifert & John Fox).

10. Saintsfan1972

that's why i thought they'd change

11. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

Riversa SO deserves a head coaching job. I'm very happy for him!