Panthers WR Steve Smith Doesn't Want To Be The No. 1 Receiver

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith went on WFNZ Radio in Charlotte, N.C., and, as he's been known to do, had some very interesting comments. Smith took the conversation in a direction you might not have anticipated from a guy who clearly has been Carolina's No. 1 wide receiver for a long time. "I would like a younger guy to come in and eventually take my spot,'' Smith said. "I don't want to be a No. 1 anymore. I don't want to be a guy who can't let go of something he's got to let go. I would like to be a guy that can play in the slot all day, and I would like some of these young guys to start doing some of the out routes like I was doing for Moose and Ricky when I was fresh legged and when I didn't know what I was doing, and really start to develop and start handing over the torch.''

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

So you will give back some of your #1 WR money this year?

:dontknow:

1 person likes this.
  3. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Come play slot in Atlanta Steve, clearly you are unhappy with the Panthers and could use a change of scenery.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...give back some of the #1 coin...

I think it's a little taken out of context. Sounds to me like he just doesn't want to be one of those guys hanging on just to hang on. He's got a point...a younger guys gotta step up for the Panthers at some point.