Patriots QB Tom Brady Named AFC Offensive Player Of The Week

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Harvs01, Sep 16, 2009.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree that brady needed help to complete that comeback but he still needed to complete it as the leader of the offense. Just as BigBen has needed help from his defense to make stops or create turnovers for some of his comebacks but he still gets most of the credit.

ktrain seems to agree with your assessment that brady gets more accolades than BigBen. I'm not sure I agree. I would imagine if Ben were out for an entire season and then in his first game back threw for almost 400 yards and led his team to an amazing comeback, he would be given any awards available also no matter what anyone else did ...............

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Most of those were catchable, just not in the place Brady usually throws them, like perfect. It still gets down to the total game effort, and as Brady called it, "we will score before 2 minutes, get the ball back, and score again to win the game". Just how many QB's have that kind of confidence in themselves, and their team. That's a Montana kind of a performance in crunch time.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ben rarely got credit for the steelers success....lately he has been because hes been pure beast but it was always ben not getting the credit for winning and ben getting all the blame for losing....which is never the case for brady

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think that's true. ben's wins were usually uglier than most for such a long time but now people are realizing that he has 'it' and he is the key to making their offense click, regardless of how it looks. I think more and more people are realizing that Ben has and has always had the same mojo that Brady possesses though so they're both getting equal credit now.