Patriots QB Tom Brady Says He Could Miss Week One?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Aug 31, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There is a slight chance that that Patriots All-Pro quarterback Tom Brady won't play in the Patriots season opener. On his regularly scheduled appearance on WEEI's "Dennis & Callahan" show this morning, Brady said that he is expecting to play in New England's season opener against the Bills on Sept. 14, but admitted that there is a small chance that he might not. He said that his shoulder is still sore after taking a hit from Washington's massive defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth in last Friday's 27-24 victory over the Redskins. "It was fun to be out there last Friday night," Brady said on WEEI. "We played against a very talented team. The team played well in some aspects and in some areas we still have plenty of improvements to make. The hit that I took, I just fell awkwardly, and any time a 350-pound man lands on you, most people would be a little bit sore -- which I was. But I'm really looking forward to this week, and getting prepared for this game and then Buffalo is just right around the corner."

Source: Providence Journal

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I am sorry for Pats and their fans if he misses but is anyone else tired of all the media coverage of Tom Brady and the Pats? I was never a believer of these conspiracy theories about the Pats but it sure does seem that the NFL and the media have a little love affair going on. Someone set me straight if I'm wrong. I saw Skip Bayless saying he didn't want to watch another Bradyless season of the NFL since he is the best qb in the league on first take this morning.
    Hope Tom Terrific gets well soon so we don't have to hear excuses for them all year again.

3. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

I thought Belicheck said Brady didn't come out of the last game because of his shoulder injury.

4. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Wouldn't bother me if he missed the 1st game.
    Who's the back up?

5. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Whats the matter does Geilse have him whipped? :icon_cheesygrin:

[​IMG]

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brady could be in BIG trouble this year...since that Eagles game during the 18-1 season he's been getting hammered back there...there's no end of the punishment in sight either...

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Tommy Boy will be fine, he'll play week 1 and have a great year as expected. As far as Dougerrrr's hate of the coverage, don't you think if Peyton Manning was out for a full year, he'd get the same coverage.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brady's been hit once every 9 pass attempts since that Eagles game...he doesn't have the body to take that kind of beating. If it continues at that pace, he could suffer another injury...

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree he's getting hit too much Ward, and think you'll see more delays and bubble screens to keep the defenses honest. Brady was practicing today, he'll be good, but hopefully some of these youngsters can help shore up the O Line, because the vets are not cutting it right now.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't believe this , they know damn well Brady will be ready.

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

You mean, that actually can play the position? Ahhh, what's Vinny doing?

1 person likes this.
  12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Bayless is a pr**k.

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I'm not disagreeing on this at all. A QB is only as good as their Offensive line, and that's who lost the SB game for us in 07. We did pick up one good Lineman in the draft, but would have liked to have seen another.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Damn you tom that would screw me week 1 in fantasy cause i dont have another QB

15. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

:word:

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

He'll play. He practiced today without a problem.

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Harvs....yeah Manning gets a lot of coverage also and not hating on the Pats or Brady, much more so on the media coverage. He banged up his shoulder and the media goes into a frenzy and just as Dawg said.....he practiced fine but there were 3 days of coverage on this. One of the biggest stories on ESPN today was his houlder and it seems to be a non-story. Tom's a pretty tough cookie from what I've seen. He's taken some big hits and dragged his butt back up. Call me partial but I think the NFL was still a pretty good league without Tom last year and will be ten years from now when he's gone.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

To play Devil's Advocate...The Patriots said he practiced fine. The media was dismissed before the passing portion of practice...

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You could always stop watching ESPN Dougerrrr....

20. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

and stop posting here and stop reading internet sports news and stop.....