Patriots QB Tom Brady Says "We Gave It To The 49ers" After Tying The Game

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sweets, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Tom Brady said he looks at last night's momentum-swinging game as one entity, Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports. The hole they dug, the furious comeback and the inability to close the job all meant one thing -- a loss, because they didn't play nearly enough good football for a better outcome.

Still, he never thought the game was over when they trailed by 28 points in the third quarter.

"When we were down 31-3, that was my thought," Brady told WEEI's Dennis & Callahan this morning. "I thought we were going to come back and win the game."

And for about a full quarter, as the offense strung together four consecutive touchdown drives, Brady said, "I'm really proud of the fact that our guys never blinked an eye to the best defense in the league."

Yet, the Patriots tied it at 31-31 midway through the fourth quarter and surrendered 10 consecutive points due to another host of mistakes, offensively, defensively and on special teams.

"We kind of gave it them at that point," Brady said. "We didn't do anything on offense, and we didn't put up the kind of fight that I wish we would have been able to."

Source: The Redzone

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, the niners beat you tom ............ i don't think anything was given to anyone in that game.

that was hard fought on both sides and the niners got the better of you that night.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They tried to give it to the 49ers early, it should have been 35-3 at half. Once the game was tied though, the 49ers took that.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

This. Once we got up big we moved into a real soft prevent D and they came back. Once they tied it it got tightened back up and they couldnt do crap. Lets not act like it was anything other than that, Tommy Boy. You got the crap kicked out of you for 3 quarters and only scored when we let you.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd also like to point out that Brady was as shook by Aldon as Ive ever seen any QB be by anyone. Any time he even suspected he might be coming loose it was dump it into the grbutt. Had him hearing footsteps all night long.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

how come when a good team loses they gave the game away? Never understood that concept. It is hard for a defense to switch back to an attacking style after playing soft, that is why I hate that crap. keep playing the style you play if you are up by 1 or 50.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Brady is the league's biggest crybaby qb! he should just shut the hell up and let his actions on the field speak for him!

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lmao. So wrong.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he whines so much,he should use a pacifier as a mouth guard!

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Brady never whines to the media. He always takes responsibility for everything, never throws teammates under the bus. You're way off on this.

11. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

At least our QB isn't a cornball QB.

12. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Guy has won 3 Superbowls and will go down as one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, so he's done more than let his actions speak for himself on the field. Keep in mind I despise Tom Brady(I have an enormous amount of respect for him.) But I hate Tom Brady because look at everything he's got one of the greatest qb's getting paid like 18 million a year has an illegitimate child with a smoking hot supermodel and has 2 more kids with an even hotter supermodel(in my opinion.) What's not to hate.

Now on him being a cry baby, that couldn't be further from the truth, yeah this time he was just trying to make up an exscuse as to why they got freaking stomped out for the first 3 quarters he wasn't whining. The dude is passionate he wants to win every game(and crap he's done that except for the big one:icon_cheesygrin:).

Tom Brady is not a cry baby, he's not a whiner, he's a competitor, as for saying that you gave it to the 9ers, looks more like you guys got bent over and took it from the 9ers.

13. SeanTaylor21

Cornbread*

14. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Yeah Brady never whines or crys.

[​IMG]

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Gronk Spike ain't got crap on the Brady Spike.

16. SeanTaylor21

What was that supposed to prove? That he gets pissed off when his O-line messes up? Maybe it's just me but I didn't see any whining or crying there...

17. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It wasn't his O-line messing up. He got pissed because SF called a timeout and threw a tantrum.

18. SeanTaylor21

Okay, I'll give you that Brady threw a tantrum, he obviously had them in something that was going to score there or get a huge gain at least and he saw it and so did whoever called the timeout. That's my explanation for that let me repeat I hate Brady I think he's a little snitch, but he's not a crybaby or a whiner. He's passionate.

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Don't give a damn what you say,the dude is a whining little snitch! maybe not like jay cutler is,but not far behind!

20. SeanTaylor21

Right because Brady has sat out of the rest of a game and then seen 3 days later walking around shopping with his girlfriend...