Patriots To Draft Florida QB Tim Tebow?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Jan 17, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports that one NFL executive he talked to expected the Patriots to use their first round pick on Florida QB Tim Tebow. The Patriots might have to leapfrog the Jaguars who reportedly might have interest in the Florida signal-caller as well. The Jaguars have the 11th overall pick (subject to coin flip with Bears) in the draft while the Patriots have the 22nd overall pick.

Source: TheRedzone.org

2. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

not going to happen...

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

honestly wouldn't surprise me the way this season went...they'll be looking for character guys with a great work ethic and Tebow fits the bill.....who knows where he would play...TE, LB, S, H back? he seems to be a BB type of guy...would be a risky pick though and I wouldn't expect them to trade up for him.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

in my mock i have them taking mccoy at the moment

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I don't see them drafting an actual qb that early, but i'd be interested in cfreaking out your mock, where is it at man?

6. K Train

just posted it in the draft section

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted him...I don't think they'd use a first round pick on him...

Tebow's not first round talent...

8. K Train

way to be obvious.

everyone knows hes not a first round talent, everyone.

some douche bag team wont let him slip out of the first to ruin it for whoever had their eyes on him in the second

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

No kidding it was obvious...lol

10. K Train

hes more like a 5th round talent with a hell of a resume

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He's a college legend, and a career backup in the NFL no matter what position he goes to.

12. K Train

i believe hes a hell of a starting TE in a year or 2 if he has it in him to concede hes not a pro QB. Im talking elite pass catching TE, i just think his ego will prevent him from making a switch to the position that suits him best. Great bulk, great speed, great awareness, hell of an athlete, understands the game, tough as crap....just an awful passer

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I said that a while ago...similiar to a Frank Wychek/H-Back type guy.

14. K Train

i think a cross between dallas clark and chris cooley

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

quite the comparisons lol. cmon....

16. K Train

i really think he could be a great TE in the right system....i mean we dont know much about his catching abilities but everything else he measures up right, really closely compares to clark who didnt play TE in college either

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Clark started at least two seasons at TE after his LB years...

18. K Train

i think hes gonna end up playing full time awful or backup QB for the jags anyway

19. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I don't see this happening at all. We need help at other positions much more than a "project" in the first round.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Smokescreens already? Thought it'd be a little early for that.