Patriots WR Wes Welker Has A Torn ACL, MCL

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Jan 3, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker has torn both the ACL and MCL in his left knee. Welker's knee buckled while making a cut on his only catch of the day, in the first quarter. He was on the field for several minutes, then on the bench, where numerous teammates came by to offer support before being carted off the field, a towel covering his face.

Source: Providence Journal

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's going to leave a mark...

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

2010 Season could be a washout as well. This is a massive blow to the Pats.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Karma is still coming to collect, I see...

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

This

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Get better Wes.

Freak injury.

:tsk:

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I hate Welker so much. But I really don't. This sucks and I hope he recovers fully.

8. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Seriously? For what? Karma for Wes Welker being a hell of a player that sacrifices himself every play?

I miss Wes Welker already. :icon_cry:

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

ummmm.... no... karma for being a dirty cheater

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Karma for being white WR

God hates white WR's

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_lol:

12. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

[​IMG]

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Karma for being a cheater??? Why didn't Bellicheck tear his knee then, he's the cheater not Welker.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You don't think this hurts Bellicheat?

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I think it hurts Wes a hell of a lot more, but Karma should nail the actual cheater.

16. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Hopefully we can step up and put this reeling club out of their misery.

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Tough loss... hope he can makes a full recovery.

18. Huge loss for the Patriots.

This is the second straight season that New England has suffered a major injury to the offense, suffering the same type of injury Tom Brady endured in the '08 season.

Brady has lost his top target and besides the Giants Steve Smith, Welker was the most clutch receiver on third downs. Welker could very well miss most of if not all of the 2010 season and thats even a tougher pill to sallow for New England. I have a lot of respect for the guy, hes a gamer and is one of the toughest players at his position. He may not be the most athletic guy around but he always shows up and gives it 110 percent. I hope he makes a full recovery.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think the drop off at the WR position is going to be as great as one would initially think. Edelman has done a very, very nice job filling in for Welker at spots during the regular season. He's been more than serviceable at doing so.

20. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

When Edelman has come in for Welker during the season he has put up almost identical numbers. Like I said in another thread, as much as losing Welker is a blow, it's probably not as big as if it was Moss having the injury because after all, it's the threat of Moss that makes the slot receiver position so prolific for the Patriots.