Penguins Sidney Crosby Out Indefinitely Following Surgery On Jaw

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Sportsguy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby is out indefinitely after undergoing surgery to repair a broken jaw.

The Penguins announced Sunday on their official website that Crosby had the surgery after being hit in the mouth with a puck during Saturday's game against the New York Islanders.

However, Crosby is not showing signs of concussion symptoms and is expected to be ready for the playoffs, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Crosby also needed dental work after losing several teeth.

Crosby missed considerable time the past two years because of concussions. He was sidelined for the final 41 games in 2011 and the Stanley Cup playoffs, in addition to skipping most of the 2012 regular season as symptoms lingered.

Source: ESPN

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

OUCH!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj8AbjJqcCM]Sidney Crosby gets a puck in the face vs Islanders - NHL 30/3/13 - YouTube[/ame]

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cindy needs to man up...cat.

Seriously though, a hockey pick coming at your jaw ain't no joke...

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Many have labeled him as soft, but not on that.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I've been hit with one in the face, and all I can say is ouch.

6. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Dude, he's out again? The Captain is down. Pick it up boys. Time to play again for some time without your leader. Now someone else will have to step it up.

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This guy is a cat. Duncan Keith got hit in the mouth by a puck a couple years ago and came back in the 3rd. Crosby is brittle.

8. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

i cant imagine the pain he is in

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

If his jaw has to be wired shut, the hardest part for him to get back on the ice is getting the fuel/energy/food to get going and stay going...which will be almost impossible. I've had my jaw wired shut and it's no picnic.

Once he can get some nutrients in there, he can wear one of those face masks and get back to it...you just don't want to get hit again. The way the Pens are rolling right now, there's really no need to risk it.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He didn't need surgery on his jaw.

11. Steve12

[MENTION=802]Crowned[/MENTION] yea because he's not soft. Unlike Crosby.

12. Crowned

Not sure if trolling or stupid?

13. Steve12

Dude Crosby is always hurt. Always. He's a great player but he is soft.

14. Crowned

So the puck broke his jaw because he's soft? lol.... It broke his jaw because it hit him differently.

15. Steve12

It's always something with him. He's going to come back and get hurt again.

16. Crowned

I agree he's injured a lot, and people are softer than others, but I don't believe this applies.