People Concerned With Inexperience On Jaguars Coach Gus Bradley's Staff

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Feb 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

As the assembling of Jaguars new head coach Gus Bradley’s staff nears its completion, we continue to hear rumblings about the lack of experience of the group. One source in Jacksonville wondered, what was the hurry to choose both of his coordinators 24 hours after being hired? Bob Babich was basically run out of Chicago, we hear, and Jedd Fisch has never called plays at the NFL level. For as much positive attention as the hiring of Bradley received, his staff has been met with a lot of lukewarm responses leaguewide. Yet, Bradley opted for close friends and a lot of college coaches, which we hear is a major gamble that could end up costing him.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Is this not similar to the route that Chip Kelly took?

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If the Titans kick ass, he's a genius. At .500 the jury is still out. But should the Titans crap the bed, all the naysayers can pat themselves on the back. I hope the Titans go 10-6 or better and then revisit this article. The Chip Kelly example by [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] is perfect. So how did all of that NFL coaching experience go for the Eagles staff last year? Better yet, I'll point at my Cards. Would rather have had high school coaches with the exception of 2.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

maybe their inexperience will not allow them to know they have crapty players and can get the best out of them. I think it is a good idea personally.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I dont think the Titans' final record will have much impact on Bradleys standing with the Jaguars, but I have been known to be wrong about this sort of thing from time to time.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Chip Kelly got Pat Shurmur and Billy Davis. Shurmurs got decades of experience and Davis has some as well (he sucked, but still). These guys are greener than the bag in my pocket.

7. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

sometimes new blood is a good thing. I think Bradley is going to be fine. Some of the older coaches get stuck in their ways and are not as ambitious as the younger up and comers

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

you can coach and call all the right plays at the right time but you have to have the players to do it

they need a qb

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The bigger question is why in the heck did I post Titans. Time to head to the doc for some dementia testing.