Phil Robertson Indefinitely Suspended for Remarks

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dougerrrr, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

What do you all think about Phil Robertson being suspended for his "inflammatory" remarks made in an interview in GQ magazine? A&E suspended him from future episodes of Duck Dynasty.....fair or not?

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Meh......his remarks weren't inflammatory, just his view on subject that don't fall in line with liberal thinking.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

he and the family will pull the plug on the show and say c-ya AE.

besides the fact, if you ask a deep south god fearing christian questions on gay marriage, what do you expect? if he was anything but honest, i would be dissapointed.

bigsexyy81 and Omen like this.
  4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't know who this is.

5. Omen

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I agree that no one should be surprised by what he said. It's ignorant, but it doesn't make me mad or anything. All kinds of buttholes have tv shows.

But classifying being accepting of homosexuals as "liberal thinking" is freaking stupid. His remarks may not have been inflammatory in the sense that he didn't say he wanted all gays to hide in a closet or burn in hell, but him essentially saying homosexuals are wrong because cat feels better is pretty god**mn undermining of something that is part of a person's identity, not just their own sexual kinks.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i am all for anything that ends these sewer reality shows.

8. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

its his right to express his opinion, I respect him for that

9. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I actually like DD. It's probably one of the few reality shows out there I will watch as you can tell from my sig and avatar. I'm not bothered by what he said. It's Phil's right to say it. Was it wrong? That's not for me or anyone else to say. He was speaking what he believes to be true in a fashion that wasn't slanderous. You don't see much of that these days. A&E suspending him is just a PC move so they don't get heat from GLAAD, which is a group that advocates tolerance only if it's on their terms. You would think they would realize that not everyone is going to agree with homosexuality.

Now if he was asked about homosexuals and said "I don't want any of those f**gots on my show," then that'd be different. I do hope this doesn't snowball into the show going away. Like I said, it's one of the few I do like. But if it does, the Robertsons won't miss out on much. They were rich before, they'll continue to be rich after.

Agent Zero and Kurt like this.
  10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Me either

11. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

The show is a cash cow for A&E. They're playing CYA until the heat dies down and the show will be back on with no hiccups and simply a little less will be seen of Phil.
    I have heard that Phil is wanting to step back from the TV side of things for the past couple of seasons and has been talked back into doing it by the network brbutt.

As for what he said? He was asked his opinion and he gave it. He didn't slander anyone or promote violence or hate against anyone. Case closed.

Agent Zero likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Do not agree with his views. I think he has a right to speak his mind. we let nazis and racists have their say,why should we not let a regular citizen have his say?

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

some legal pr**k on good morning america said he slandered african americans too? i havent seen that part

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

gays run hollywood ... do the math, it's not difficult to see why this happened.

15. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

He basically said he never saw any of the lynchings and things that history has told us happened back then:

He really shouldn't be ripped on for this one. If he didn't see anything, he didn't see anything. It's not like everyone who lived down south back then saw everything that went on.

Omen likes this.
  16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Have only seen a few episodes of the show but the dude was asked a question and he answered honestly. Political correctness is taking over the world or already has....

17. Omen

Really dig this quote pretty much how I feel.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I disagree with that. I hate you, stop bullying me.

Omen likes this.
  19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

seems every single thing now a days has to be politically correct,or not spoken at all! just total horsecrap with the hypocripsy running ignorant on both sides!

Omen likes this.
  20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd like him better if he didnt have such a little sissy f*g beard. That thing is pathetic.

Rottstein likes this.