Phil Robertson Indefinitely Suspended for Remarks

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dougerrrr, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Anyone notice that A&E has suspended Robertson, yet A&E has decided to go ahead with its Duck Dynasty marathon?

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hate your whinning. "please" die.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

not sure why this would come as a surprise to anyone.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

that seems really high cause i cant see where that many people who watched the show didnt have the same beleifs that robertson did.

meh - as long as graveyard carz doesnt get cancelled i could care less about these reality shows.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I've read many gays don't have a problem with this and have actually petitioned to bring Phi back. Their biggest problem is with GLAAD, who feel if they are upset then ALL gays all over the world have to be to. And it's just not the case

It's like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton "representing every black person in America" when a racial issue pops up.

[​IMG]

Those who have never watched it, should at least watch one episode. It's actually good. Yeah you know it's fake. They themselves have called it fake reality, but it is funny and does preach a good message about family. And I'm not even religious.

The wives have recently come out that if this causes a riff within the Robertson clan, they will gladly take themselves off tv. Which I hope doesn't happen.

And they aren't racist, like some have speculated. Willy, the CEO of the company, and his wife adopted a racially mixed baby.

Diesel44 and Omen like this.
  6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

My sous in whos gay dude, told me the same thing. Says that glaad makes their lives harder with their intolerance of any other view but their own

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

A family that adopts a mixed baby, and foster parents an Asian exchange student isnt racist at all. Its just people who dont have a clue throwing fuel on the fire hoping to cause more problems

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

There's no uproar...

Just a few pot stirrers looking for their 15 minutes & A&E is just hedging their bets by going w/indefinitely.

"Indefinitely": if it causes major sponsor issues & doesn't die down...he's out. It fizzles to the 6th page of the news shortly...all's forgiven & forgotten.

They know the inherent risk a fake reality shows. The type of over-the-top personalities they craft shows around have too many mics on them way too often. If it crashes, plenty of backwoods, low level style folks out there to make fun of.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Didn't even know who this guy was until he made these comments...lol.

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

A&E knew full and well the guy's views before the interview and still had him on the show. Then when this becomes a big issue they suspend him but they sure as hell have no problem making money off of him and his family since they run marathons of this show all the time and they already have the upcoming season filmed both include Phil Robertson.

Then you have GLAAD, for a group that preaches tolerance they sure are intolerant.

Omen likes this.
  12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Has anyone here been in a Cracker Barrel restaurant? Right after Robertson made his remark, they pulled out all of their Duck Dynasty merchandise off their shelves. Then, they started to hear about it from their customers. The merchandise is back.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

it is okay when miley cyrus comes out and shakes her butt all over the place which is her right,and people go ape crap when a man who is known worldwide as a preacher answers a question that you expect him to answer just like he does which is his right,and people have a problem with it? only in america ladies and gents!

Agent Zero and Omen like this.