Philadelphia Phillies - 2012

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ugh...Mets would be much worse than Yankees. Agree though...his time
    Is Coming to an end here in Philly. Just a matter of where he goes.

2. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Remember when he was rule 5?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I do...coming from the Didgers.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

As bad as the Phils have been this year, this sweep of the Brewers winning it in the last at-bat every game, was fun as hell to watch.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I was hoping that the Rangers could get Hamels, but forget that.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

so cliff lee to the rangers didnt work out because the phillies were asking too much ? i know they wanted mike olt but was that too much ? crap i would've thrown in victorino or blanton or whoever.

i guess now the talks are with the dbacks - lee for justin upton. ummm yeah, i do that trade.

who needs broken down 3b with a declining bat ?

a centerfielder who needs a change of scenery ?

a perfect specimen of athleticism 4-5 starting pitcher ?

an aging ss who has no business being a leadoff hitter ?

8. ragman

The Rangers seem determined to hang on to Olt and Profar, no matter what. However, after last night, they might want to rethink that. Oswalt didn't fool anybody last night.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

oswalt is toast and ryan needs to put his hurt ego aside and make the trade for lee. apparently he's still pissy that lee left to come here in FA.

well - bye bye victorino and pence

10. ragman

ESPN is reporting that the Phillies have traded OF Shane Victorino to the LA Dodgers for Josh Lindblom and Ethan Martin.

11. DawkinsINT

It will be strange not having Shane on the team. Kind of like the end of an era. I liked Hunter, but he wasn't around enough to get attached to.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Victorino leaving really does feel like an end of an "era." Wish him the best in LA. Pence leaving...meh...he had a cup of coffee in Philly, pretty much it. He'll be one of those names you bring up when you're in the conversation of "Remember that guy...oh yeah, I forgot about him."

Kind of equate him to Greg Jefferies time in Philadelphia...he'd be in that conversation for me...

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i wondered if they would trade pence ... thought the team would give him more time with utley and howard but if you're going to pay $15mil to an outfielder you'd rather not spend it on a guy with holes in his game over maybe ... umm let's say a real CF who can leadoff ?

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

all you opposing fans better hope the phillies don't find a way into the playoffs because if they do there's going to be another parade on broad st.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'll take the Braves, Reds, Giants and Dodgers over the Phillies every day of the week. The Phillies aren't going anywhere this year even if they manage to backdoor their way into the playoffs.

16. DawkinsINT

This run is just a rod tease, meant to torture us as to what might have happened as we watch other teams in the playoffs.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

i would expect no different from a jersey shore wannabe mets fan.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

it would be a miricale to get in but if they do they will mop up the nl in the playoffs. i will take bets on it.

hey duke - do you even remember what the baseball playoffs are like ?

19. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Phillies get one run of success this season, and they're talking about mopping up in the playoffs. They won't make it there, is the problem. Cardinals, Pirates and Dodgers will duke it out for the 2nd wild card. Phillies have been out of it for awhile. I do think they'll be ready in 2013 though.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

like i said. it will be a miracle if they make it but if the last few years show anything its just be hot going into the playoffs.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012