Philadelphia Phillies - 2012

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm not confident in their 2013 chances. The starters are old and inconsistent for the most part. I think the window closed when Halladay allowed that first inning run against the Cards in the final game against the Cards last year.

2. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

You don't think they rebuild in a sense? They still have Howard. They have Hamels. They have some pieces in place. Yeah, the unloaded some heavy contracts at the deadline, but still. They can ruin some teams postseason hopes this year, and make a run in 2013. Should be fun to watch, nonetheless in the NL East. But, I want to thank them for being awful this year against the Braves. If they can just do it one more time for us. :)

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I bet you wouldn't. Don't know how I'm a jersey shore wannabe but good one slick.

That's cute. All I said is that this season the Phillies are trash and would be lucky to backdoor into the playoffs. And I say that because it's true. I give them their due when they do good but this year there are a TON of better teams in the NL.

PS. If they do make it into the playoffs somehow I'd be happy to bet on how quickly they'd lose.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

considering the phillies record since the all-star break and the run it would take to get in it would be anything but backdooring in. they'd be going in red hot.

but hey they did techincally backdoor in 2008 as well because of a certain team's self-filatio.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  5. smeags

smeags militant geek

five games out - go padres !

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

four out - :cope:

7. DawkinsINT

Blowing a 4-0 lead against the Astros. Devastating.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

win five straight now.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Would be nice...

10. DawkinsINT

Man that was a beautiful swing by Ruf to get his first major league HR. The long freeze-out the team gave him was hilarious.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

First Raul and now Werth...lol...

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Why is this thread still active? The Phils season has been over for ages.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^^ you - gun - mouth - now !