Philadelphia Phillies Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 16, 2022.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Less than a week until the season starts. I was very excited for it to begin but with Rhys Hoskins ACL injury taking him out for the season it certainly has put a damper on things. I feel horrible for him. It was a contract year. He most likely will not be a Phillie again if he ever even plays for anyone. Absolutely brutal.

Hopefully Castellanos can be the player we thought he was going to be last year to help get this team through until Harper comes back late May or June.

TJ likes this.
  2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Did you watch the World Baseball Classic? I thought about starting a thread...lol. Mexico's run was amazing to watch and can't wait for the next one!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

I watched very little of the WBC. I wake up very early in the morning so I'm usually in bed by 9pm and can't watch nearly as much sports as I used to. Being on the east coast stinks.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

What a great start by the Phils! Tagging DeGrom for 5 runs in only 3 2/3 innings!!! Of course then Nola imploded and they lost 11-7. The offense looks like it will be fun even without Harper though.

TJ likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

Starting the season off by getting swept by the Rangers was not fun. Now they have to go to New York to play the Yankees. Ugh.

TJ likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

VICTORY!!! 1-4.

7. DawkinsINT

Phils climb back to .500. I wasn't sure it would happen in April. It may be tough to stay there as they now go to Houston in a World Series rematch.

Great news on the Harper front as he may be ready in a couple of weeks. I just hope he's truly ready and not being rushed back.

TJ likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Harper comes back tonight! 159 days after Tommy John surgery…amazing.

TJ likes this.
  9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

How did he do? My guess with such a little recovery time after that surgery is that he can bat but not throw/field so he'll be DH for a while, right?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

Yeah, he'll be DH for the time being. I didn't watch the game because they were in LA with a 10pm start here. He went 0-4 with 3 strikeouts. I figure that he will struggle for a bit early on. I think he should have played at least a few games in the minors before coming up.

TJ likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

After getting swept in LA by the Dodgers, the Phils return home tonight for a 3 game series against the Red Sox. Sox-Phils & Celts-Sixers this weekend in Philly. Boston-Philly war in PA. Should be fun.

TJ likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Phils & Sixers won yesterday but Boston took the weekend, 2-3.

TJ likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

I went to the Cubs-Phillies game on Saturday. Great game to go to. Schwarber hit a grand slam, Roger Clemens son hit one, and Garrett Stubbs had a triple. 12-3 Phils. Such a good time.

TJ likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

After being swept by the Mets early last week the Phils have ripped off 5 wins in a row and passed them for 3rd place in the division. The starting pitching has been outstanding after an awful beginning to this season. Those wins were against the Nats & Tigers though. A real test to see if they have turned it around comes this weekend against the Dodgers.

TJ likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Good weekend series for the Phils in taking 2 of 3 against the Dodgers. Only a game below .500 now and 1.5 games out of the last wildcard spot. They have a real tough test starting tonight as they are on a 4 game trip to Arizona. I didn't realize how well the D-Backs have been playing this year. They have tied Atlanta for best record in the NL.

TJ likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

Great series for the Phils in Arizona as they took 3 of 4. They came close to sweeping all 4 games but blew a 3 run lead in their lone loss. They finally are a game over the .500 mark.

3 game series against the A's this weekend before 2 huge division series against the Braves and Mets. Hopefully we can stay over .500 by the Allstar break. It didn't seem possible a month ago.

TJ likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

After winning 13 of 15 games to get back in the think of the wild card race, of course the Phils lose both games to Atlanta in excruciating fashion. Kyle Schwarber's defense is atrocious. He committed an error in the 10th that led to 3 runs. I don't know where the Braves keep finding all of these great young pitchers.

This weekend we have a 3 game set against the struggling Mets. The cure for the Mets always seems to be the Phillies though. Hopefully we can turn that around this series.

TJ likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Phils took 2 of 3 against the Mets, but a lot of it was NY imploding. They made a bunch of comical errors, they hit batters with bases loaded to have tying and winning runs score, etc. A series win is a series win though, especially since they have had our number. 3 game set against the Cubs in Chicago starts Tuesday.

TJ likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

Even though they scored 19 runs on Saturday they lost the series to the lowly Nats in Philly. Kyle Schwarber is one of the worst defensive outfielders that I have ever seen. I can't wait for Harper to be cleared to play 1st base so Schwarbs can be DH. What a liability.

TJ likes this.
  20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Damn...those pesky Nats...

DawkinsINT likes this.