Philadelphia Phillies Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 16, 2022.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Phils managed to take one of the three against the Brewers. Now they are on to San Diego. Schedule makers weren't too nice to them. Every series is important to the Padres right now. If the Phils can manage to win to 2 of 3 and get back home, I'd be very happy.

TJ likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

Phils lost 2 of 3 to the Marlins at home over the weekend. Both games they lost their lead late in the game. I'm getting more and more worried about the bullpen. They are still up 2 games on the Cubs for the top wild card spot.

4 game series against the Braves starts with a day/night double header today. I would be happy with a split.

3. DawkinsINT

Phillies lose 3 of 4 against the Braves and watch Atlanta celebrate winning the division in Philadelphia. I hope this ends up burning a fire into them because it's embarrassing. The inconsistency of this team is so frustrating.

TJ likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Phils complete 4 game sweep of the Mets. They have a comfortable 4.5 game lead for the top wild card spot. September is normally a bigger struggle than this.

5. DawkinsINT

Last night the Phillies clinched the top Wild Card seed. Hard to believe after how this season started. Hopefully they give players plenty of rest to be ready for next week. October baseball!

TJ likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

We play the Marlins in the wild card round. I hate that all of the games are 8pm starts. Screws up my sleep schedule. I hope the team has some of the magic from the their playoff run last year. Overall it's a better roster though the pitching has been less consistent.

TJ likes this.
  7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Once again, I'll be rooting for your Phils, Dawk...I just need to get over this disappointing season...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

Thanks, Teej. I'm worried about the Marlins. They always play us tough. They won the season series from the Phils. They are even more dangerous in such a small series.

TJ likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Got the win in game 1. Even though the Phillies led the whole way, I forgot how nerve wracking the playoffs are. Kimbrel closing makes me nervous every time. Would love to take the series tonight because I don't think I can handle an elimination game.

TJ likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

Great start by Nola to take care of the fish last night. He struggled against them all season so it's a real good sign going forward in the playoffs. Things get much tougher now in facing the Braves who were a machine during the season. The Braves I'm sure really wanted this matchup after the Phils upset them in the NLDS last year. It should be a fun series!

TJ likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

What a fantastic win by the Phils last night. I can't believe we shut out the Braves with less than 4 innings from Ranger Suarez and then the bullpen the rest of the way. Bryce Harper is so clutch in these situations. He's so easy to root for. Dude has heart.

We are set-up pretty well now for the rest of the series as Wheeler will now be able to get 2 starts. The Braves are the better overall team but not by too much. A win on Monday to go up 2-0 to go back home would be huge. I can't wait.

TJ likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Starting to think the MLB regular season doesn't really matter. Three of the four first-round bye teams lost their first game. The only one who didn't was the Astros because of course they were...the Orioles are already in a 0-2 hole.

You just need to catch fire at the exact right time...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

Absolutely brutal loss by the Phils last night. So close to being up 2-0 and coming back to Philly. I know a split in Atlanta was extremely important but instead of a stranglehold on the series it feels like the Braves now have all of the momentum. So many small things led to the collapse. The Turner error on a ball coming in from the outfield leading to Atlanta's first run really swung things around. That was just lazy and not something you can do against a team like that even up by four runs. I'm not as mad at Harper's baserunning mistake to end the game because very few centerfielders actually get to that ball. As great as he is though, Bryce is a really bad baserunner.

I wish there was a game tonight because this one stings. Aaron Nola better have his A game tomorrow because their bats woke up.

TJ likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bryce Harper is absolutelly awesome.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Arcia made fun of Harper’s base running mistake in game 2. After both HRs tonight, Harper stared him down while rounding the bases haha.

MLB playoff tying 6 HRs tonight by the Phils. Unreal. What a game.

Tomorrow will be much tougher going against Strider. I don’t want to go back to Atlanta.

TJ likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

I can't believe we eliminated the Braves once again. I thought for sure that Atlanta would have a lot more fight in them this year. We held one of the greatest offenses of all-time to just 8 runs in 4 games, and only 3 HRs in the series. Unbelievable job by our pitching staff, both starters and the pen. This feels great. I know the D-Backs are hot and played us tough during the regular season, but I'm going to savor this for another day or two before looking ahead. I remember how I felt going into this series against the Braves so I'm truly appreciating what we did.

TJ likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Oops..deleted a mistake.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

With the Astros and Rangers in the ALCS I'm officially rooting for whoever wins the NLCS. Arizona has a couple former Mariners like Marte and Sewald but I think I'll pick the Phillies and Harper to win it all. He has become my favorite non-Julio non-Mariners player. I'm ready to gamble 10 bucks on them :D.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

Great start to the NLDS by the Phils. 3 HRs off of Gallen and a dominant start by Wheeler. Game 2 tonight will be huge if Nola & the Phils can hold serve at home and really put pressure on the D-Backs going back to AZ. I can't wait for tonight.

TJ likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

10-0 romp last night by the Phils to take a 2-0 series lead. Yet another great start by Nola, whose ERA is now under 1.00 in the playoffs, and the offense continues their HR barrage. We survived their two aces and should have a decent pitching advantage in the next 2 games in AZ. Things are set-up pretty perfectly right now. All of our best relievers will have 2 days rest and both of our starters threw less than 90 pitches so they will be ready to go if needed. This team is just playing on another level right now.

TJ likes this.