Philadelphia Phillies Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by DawkinsINT, Oct 16, 2022.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

4 wins in a row and tied with the Yankees for 3rd best record in all of baseball. Unfortunately, the Braves have the best record and Phils remain 1.5 games behind them. The starting pitching has been so good but now Tajuan Walker is back and Turnbull will go to the bullpen despite his 1.33 ERA as a starter. I'm so glad this team finally has had a good April.

TJ likes this.
  2. DawkinsINT

Ok, 10 losses in a row against the lowly Angels?? Why can't we beat this team no matter how bad they are. I'm not sure what is wrong with Dominguez, but what worries more is that Thomson keeps trusting him in big leverage situations despite his extreme control issues. He could have went with a well rested Strahm instead. Very frustrating especially since we could have gained a game on the Braves.

TJ likes this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey!! We helped you!!

Nah, don't worry. The Angels are already so far back we don't care about them anymore XD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Awesome come-from-behind win in the 9th yesterday from the most unlikely of sources, Casty & Rohas. I felt like it was a dream. Only a half game behind Atlanta though they have 3 games in hand.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I hate the Angels for being direct rivals of the Mariners and for wasting Mike Trout's career.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Phils are rolling and passed the Braves. Best record in baseball. So of course Trea Turner & Alec Bohm get hurt. Ugh.

TJ likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Phils continue to keep winning. 7 in a row and 11 straight at home. Yesterday, Jose Berrios came into the game with the best ERA in the majors at 1.44. Phils touched him for 8 runs including a Harper grand slam.

TJ likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

Phillies just keep rolling. Weekend sweep of the Nats. It's already the Phils 6th sweep of the season. That's how many they had all of last year. Their winning percentage is now over .700. The schedule has been extremely favorable to them but we used to lose a lot of these series the past few seasons. Off day today but they start a 3 game series against the world champs tomorrow. That should be fun.

TJ likes this.
  10. DawkinsINT

Ranger Suarez has been unbelievable this year. So great to have him fully healthy at the beginning of the season finally. He's now 9-0.

His MLB ranks:
    • 9 Wins (1st)
    • 1.36 ERA (2nd)
    • .174 AVG (2nd)
    • 0.79 WHIP (2nd)
    • 68 Strikeouts (7th)

With their win last night the club is tied for their best start ever. Another win over the Rangers tonight and it will be the best start in franchise history.

TJ likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Phillies sweep the Rangers. It’s already their 7th series sweep of the season . It’s still May!

They now go on a mini West Coast trip against Rockies & Giants. They typically struggle at both places so if they can come back 4-2 it would be a great sign.

TJ likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Phils lost 2 of 3 in Colorado. Their first series loss since opening week.

Acuna is out for the season for Atlanta. Not the way I would want it to happen but between that and losing Strider, the Phils may actually finally win this division again.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Happy birthday, Dawk. May the Phillies keep winning and the Eagles keep being fun but falling short. Have a good one, bro!!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

Thanks (minus the Eagles comment), TJ!

15. DawkinsINT

They only ended up going 2-4 on the road trip. Not very good but they still have the best record in baseball. Some Phillies fans are hitting the panic button already though. I hate myself sometimes for listening to Philly sports talk radio.

TJ likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, you know what they say... "good news is not news". If you keep screaming the sky is falling you'll keep getting those clicks and likes even though it's not true...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Phillies blew their chance to sweep the Cards last night but can't complain about taking 2 of 3. Injuries though could be a problem. Ranger Suarez was hit with a line drive and left the game on Saturday. X-Rays were negative but it was his throwing hand. Hopefully it won't affect him. Last night Marsh pulled a hammy. His left-handed bat is pretty important against righties. It wouldn't shock me if the front office tries to find a left-handed bat somewhere.

TJ likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Some people (Braves fans) have tried to say that the Phillies start is mostly due to playing a weak schedule. They just swept the Brewers who came into the series having the 3rd best offense in all of baseball. The Phillies held them to 2 runs total in the 3 game series.

Phils are now a franchise best 44-19 with an 8 game lead over the Braves. They are off the next 2 days as they travel to London to play 2 games against the Mets. I hope this trip doesn't throw off their rhythm.

TJ likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

The trip to London followed by 2 straight series on the road, to Boston and Baltimore at that, and the Phillies did struggle. They went 3-5 during that stretch. They have lost JT Realmuto for at least a month and that really hurt the pitching staff. Wheeler and Nola both had starts that were the worst of their careers.

They finally were back home yesterday and Trea Turner returned from the DL. A nice easy 9-2 win with 2 Schwarber bombs. Hopefully they'll be back to playing good ball going forward.

TJ likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

Phils took 2 of 3 from the D-Backs (who eliminated them in the playoffs last year), and are back to having the best record in baseball. Nice to see that Turner seems to back almost 100%.

TJ likes this.