Philip Rivers Unprofessional?

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Browncos, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Browncos

Browncos Starter

Did anybody see on MNF where Philip Rivers was taunting Jay Cutler after being sacked and then their whole team was joining in with him and waving goodbye to Cutler and giving him a thumbs up. Personally I had no problem with him until now. This guy has never won a playoff game and he is acting like Tom Brady. He reminds me off a rich, spoiled, stuck up kid who got whatever he wanted as a kid.

The best though was wen he was on the sideline talking trash to Champ Bailey who was on the field. He was telling Champ "the ball is over there" sarcastically. Im sorry but you dont talk trash to a 8 time probowler and the best corner in the game who is soon to be a HOFer. I wish Champ would turn to him and said "Hey see you in Hawaii, oh wait... thats right."

Its bad enough that I had to sit there and watch my team(which hasnt had a losing record since shannahan has been coach) get blown away. I dont need so called "Professionals" acting like they are in Junior High.

And the announcers we saying that it was ok Rivers was jawing at the Broncos because its a rivalry..... Like that is a excuse for being a rodhead and unprofessional! God, First LT in the playoffs last year and now Philip Rivers... This team needs to look in the mirror and realize they arent the best and come nowhere close. Once they can beat the Colts/Pats/Steelers/Jags, then I will have respect. Did anybody see what Im talking about?I guess Ron Burgundy didnt know what he was talking about when he said "Stay classy San Diego".

2. Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman Born Again Browns Backer

Burgundy also said "Go heck yourself, San Diego."

3. Browncos

Browncos Starter

very true haha

4. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I knew what this thread was about.
    What a freaking happy.
    I've never liked him but now hes my most hated QB.
    He hasn't done crap and he thinks hes so great.

I'm going to try to make a Philip Rivers Video(I suck with vids) but I'm going to try and practice.
    Nothing better to do so I'ma dedicated a video to a lowlife lol

5. Browncos

Browncos Starter

dude if you can make a vid like that, then I will fly it proudly.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Jay should of stuck one on him at the end of the game. There's no excuse to act like that.

7. BroncoBJ

:lol: Yea I was starting it.
    I wish I was great at making vids.
    Maybe I'll have one up after they lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Rivers is such a cumdumpster

8. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Rivers = Ryan Leaf....all hype and will never amount to crap. I saw it and thought it was classless to, I just wonder if Cutler had done or said something to provoke all of this.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Obviously Cutler said something, but Bronco fans will never admit it. You can clearly see him yelling back (even if they don't give you a good angle). 3 players don't just start talking crap to you for no reason. If I had to bet Cutler probably said something out of frustration and the 3 responded, and you can call me a homer if you want but there's no way you can't say Cutler didn't say anything.

Oh and talking trash happens all the time. If I was a Bronco fan I'd be more worried about Cutler being such a big whiner, has mini tantrums and sulks all by himself. Not what you want to see from a "leader".

10. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

apparently you didn't watch the Chargers vs Bears in the Early season, that's all Phillip Rivers was doing the whole time in that game. Especially after the " Offsides " leading to a fumble, and Bears ball. I thought I was about to see a grown man cry. :icon_cry:

11. Rivers is a cat and so is the whole Charger team. A bunch of roids takers and trash talkers. Funny thing is when the Pats beat them in SD and ended there season they were crying like babies that they mocked the Chargers on there Homefield. The Chargers are hypocrites and pussies. I hope they get owned in the playoffs.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I didn't say Rivers didn't talk trash, did I?

Rivers is known for talking a lot on the field, but he's not the only one. During the KC game they said Jared Allen talks all the time too, and that he likes Rivers because he's the only one that will talk back.

Not everyone is a cat like Cutler.

It's one thing to do it during the game a completely different thing after the game. During the game the other team can do something about it. After it there's nothing that could be done until the next time you play each other, and even then the teams won't be the same.

It's like comparing someone who talks trash or taunts a player on the field to someone who does it only when you're knocked out on the ground. Would you view the two as the same?

I mean really we're talking about trash talking, this is the NFL, if you can't handle a little trash talking during the game then you aren't mentally tough to play it. You'd have to be extremely naive to believe no one does it other than a select few. Just because you don't see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't.

13. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i saw Rivers call someone a baby. you can plainly see it because ESPN had to come up with some sort of story since the game sucked.

I also knew what this thread was about before opening. Rivers should clam up since I can't the team making it past the first round of the playoffs.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Rivers likes to talk a lot, I'm sure most people know someone who talks all the time. That = Rivers.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I've never been a huge fan of "trash" talking. It has gone on in the game since it's beginning but in today's game it has become one-upping. It isn't about getting in the other guys head any more it's about "LOOK AT ME" and that is definitely what Rivers and the others did. Standing right out in front of everyone making sure they saw them talking trash. They didn't save it for up close....it was definitely grandstanding.

16. RAF Eagle

RAF Eagle yup yup

I always say let the plays do the talking, not your mouth when it comes to gametime

but some players simply have to throw some abuse across the field

17. Browncos

Browncos Starter

I donno, Jay is not known for talking crap, hes quiet and keeps to himself, but I have seen Rivers be a cat before. I doubt Cutler started it, he was just standing up for himself and not let Rivers and the Chargers walk all over him. The way I see it is Rivers made a comment to Jay, and Jay didnt wanna just take it so he did the manly thing and stood his ground and responded back. But this isnt the big deal and everyone is missing the point........Rivers was talking crap to Champ Bailey who had 8 consecutive pro bowls, known as the best corner in the NFL for the last few years and will be till he retires, and figures to be headed to Canton. I dont get of where Philip Rivers Mr. Second Year Starter and Mr. Ive never won a playoff game and also the best, Mr. I let LT carry the offense, gets off talkign crap to Champ, Champ should have whopped his assss for not respecting his elder.

18. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I didn't say Rivers was talking trash, I said he was crying, just as you're saying Cutler does... lol He was throwing his lil mini temper tantrum, and all upset cause he wasn't get his way.

19. FZ06

FZ06 Random Guy

First, you say Cutler talked back. Then you praise someone for talking back and call Cutler a cat for not doing so (or so is understood by your post).

Get your ideas in order man.

I myself am not a big fan of trash-talking. It shows insecurity, lots of it. Why else would you attempt to disrupt the rival's awareness? Because you feel you can't win otherwise.

Plus, the more trash you talk, the more trash you'll have to eat if you lose... good thing Rivers didn't.

20. BroncoBJ

Oh I know. He was snitching and crying like you wouldn't believe. Cutler isn't half that bad. Cutler doesn't get to worked up over games so I dont know what the heck Boltz is saying.

Rivers is such a piece of crap.
    But I dont want him to get hurt.
    The Chargers would be pretty good without him.