Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in New York

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by 86WARD, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment on Sunday. He was 46.

Law enforcement officials said Hoffman died at his apartment in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan. No cause of death has been determined but officials suspect the actor may have overdosed on drugs. Law enforcement officials said the actor was found with a needle in his arm.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the actor was found in his bathroom around 11:15 a.m. by a screenwriter, who called 911, the official said.

Source: http://variety.com/2014/film/news/w...ur-hoffman-found-dead-in-new-york-1201082934/

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

A shame...

RIP

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He was so great. Out of all his excellent roles, the one that really has always stood out to me personally was in Doubt. Amazing actor. Such a shame after he was clean for so many years.

Omen likes this.
  5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Wow this is seriously depressing. I loved this dude. The first I saw of it was Adam schefter tweeting it and I didn't even believe it. Such a shame. We were just talking about him at work like 2 weeks ago.

markaz likes this.
  6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Actor's and musician's death come and go so fast they become almost ho-hum. This one is a shock. Truly enjoyed watching that man doing his craft that he did so well. Mega bummer.

Omen likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Not to demean the death of Paul Walker, but he will get much more press than Hoffman who was infinitely better as an actor.

LebaneseFF, Tarkus, Omen and 3 others like this.
  8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I liked him in the 25th hour. And boogie nights.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

10. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

First off RIP and condolences to his family.

Secondly, of courses PSH was better then Paul Walker, and I mean no disrespect but PSH had a needle sticking out of him, Paul Walker wasn't even driving (or was he?).

As an actor I will always respect Hoffman, but the way he dies is despicable

Steve12, DawkinsINT and markaz like this.
  11. markaz

Agreed. And throw Heath Ledger into that category as well.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

amongst the prescription drugs that were found in his apartment,50 bags of heroin that police said he had been hoarding at least 6 months.

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

a druggie checks out

big freaking deal

14. DawkinsINT

I can understand where you are coming from, but addicts have a chemical imbalance that can't be controlled by rational thinking though. I'd venture to guess that when he was shooting up in the bathroom by himself, he wasn't exactly thinking it would be fun or a good idea.

From everything that I've heard about him, he was a kind and unselfish person. I hate that someone whose art I enjoyed is gone, but I feel even worse for those that knew and loved him.

Tarkus, LebaneseFF and markaz like this.
  15. markaz

Excellent post, Dawk. Could not have expressed it better. Unfortunately, limited to one (1) Like.

16. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Yes I understand that, and coming from a family that abused substances I get that.
    All I was trying to say is Paul Walker died a dignified death, Hoffman did not. I was just responding to the Paul Walker idea, of him getting more attention.

17. Omen

I get what Dawkins is saying but I see PSH as an unselfish in that he did this to himself and his family.

He's one my favs actors. But this is despicable.

I've tried my share of drugs in my younger days and always swore that not one of them was strong than willpower.

18. Omen

Here's a great article on the subject.

@JedediahBila: "Addiction was not simply something that had happened to him, but something he planned for, a choice he made." http://t.co/LACv7mHhQ0

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i tried my fair share of drugs,including smack.never tried any cocaine or speed cause my family has a history of heart trouble so i never messed with that.pot,acid,alcohol.but the ones that really kicked my ass were valium,xanax,demerol,nembutals, prescription drugs that just beat the crap out of me.i had to take vicodins and oxys when i hurt my back 7 years back,but thank god i was able to stop all that then.i ocassionally have to get a shot due to a miagraine but thank god as i enetr my 50s,i can stay away from that other crap cause it will get you without you knowing it really fast.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  20. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I didn't know that he was an addict. Shame about his kids now though.

A few years back when I had unbelievable pain from a pinched nerve in my neck, I used Vicodin that I got from a friend. Nasty stuff. I was so backed up and constipated I thought my intestines were going to blow up, but my neck felt good.

LebaneseFF likes this.