Pippen Says Lebron Could Be Better Than Jordan

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Steve12, May 27, 2011.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Superstar players always get calls in their favor. It's not like Jordan was the only one.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I said you can't judge it on JUST rings, which means you have to take alot into account with these kind of player comparisons. Stick to Pokemon, you know rod about ball.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah sweets, how dare you in a round about way warn a mod who put up an inappropriate post.

you saddist !

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Dr J and Wilt did it.

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

getting a call here and there is one thing but a total disregard for such basic rules such as traveling and palming is another.

wilt dominated within the existing rules so they change them. jordan and yes many more since have dominated in part because the existing rules weren't enforced. iverson was probably the worst.

it's a pet peeve of mine. just like in baseball where 2nd base is rarely actually touched in a double play.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think it's just older guys that grew up and. Player by the old. Rules..... To me all the palming traveling annoys me

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

well then just change the rules like all the other sports do to give the offensive players an advantage.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

LOL I have been following basketball since I was 5 years old. I know plenty about "ball" lmfao. You all act all high and mighty with this LBJ is god crap its ridiculous. LBJ has never carried a team on his back. MJ and Kobe did no matter how many times you tell me about the "help" they had. All LBJ ever did was give the heck up like the little freaking cat he is. Lebron is not even in the all time top 5. Sorry he's not and never will be.

I know its hard for you to believe, but everyone in Miami needs to lift their head up off his rod and realize that D Wade is probably even better than him. So go worship Wade...

9. Crowned

I'm not even a Lebron fan kid, and no you don't know anything about ball clearly. You saying Lebron can never be as good as Kobe is just dumb, it's very possible. Kobe tried to get out of LAL many times, and started winning again when they brought in Gasol.

Jordan didn't win crap on his own, Pippen is a top 50 greatest player of all times and Rodman is one of the best defenders the game has ever seen. As I stated before Kukoc was the best international player at that time. And Lebron did put the team on his back for the leagues best record last year, he couldn't beat a 'TEAM'. Cleveland didn't bring in enough to help him, they brought in big names but they didn't live up to the hype.

10. Dragonite

LMFAO...This is a goobered debate to even be having. Shaq will never be Chris Bosh, and Pippen will never be D Wade. The fact that LBJ needs to be paired up with two dominate players and one star who is an infinitely better player than he is (D Wade) means he can NEVER be better than Kobe or MJ. Talk to me when the hecker has some rings to his name and wins one carrying a team on HIS back. This is not his team, it is D Wade's team and D Wade is a better player than he is.

Hell just active players LBJ isn't even in the top 3

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. D Wade
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Chris Paul
    5. LBJ

Seriously...I don't give a heck what you or the stupid butt talking heads on ESPN or any other freaking failure analyst in the world says. Lebron is a superstar but he will never be one of the best. Just because he's got everyone following him around lapping up his crap like he's their god **mn lord and savior does not mean its true.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dragonite is just a hater who is blinded by just that. No one man carries a team. This isn't golf, or tennis. MJ needed help, Kobe OBVIOUSLY needed help, and to say other wise is not just wrong, but ignorant. But I guess as always, HGBH. And just FYI, Kobe couldn't "carry" a team until he was 30, in which he had Gasol who was one of the best big shooter in the league and very good role players.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wow Shaq to Bosh, that right there, just ended ANY credibility you ever had. And I do think Wade is a better overall player than James.

13. Dragonite

Not really :) Shaq is a great player but he didn't have a great work ethic. Jim Rome was right to call him out on that. Bosh is being overshadowed in Miami, but by the end of his career he will be a better player than Shaq plain and simple.

Kobe carried his team plenty of times, Gasol IS soft, and he gets taken out of games easily especially in the playoffs. Their have been PLENTY of games where Gasol has ended up scoring like 10 or less points. There are plenty of games where Kobe did things LBJ only dreams of doing to carry the team through the playoffs. His team fails him, LBJ knows if he sucks D Wade and Chris Bosh won't. Kobe never had that option if Kobe sucks the Lakers lose. If MJ sucked, the Bulls lost.

If Lebron gave up the Cavs lost...oops did I say that out loud?

At least someone agrees that LBJ isn't even the best player on his own team. He's not.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

We talkin' bout practice with Shaq? Bosh better than Diesel? GTFO with that bullcrap. You want soft? Bosh is pretty soft. Shaq is the most dominant big man in the last 20 years. Again, you saying that just threw your already weak arguement out the window. I'll put it this way, Howard is a beast, and still has nothing on Shaq.

15. Dragonite

Trust me by the end of their careers both will be better than Shaq. I love Shaq but come on.Shaq is an amazing big man he is not the best ever. Howard is probably better than Shaq already.

16. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Really? Jordan could win the title with anyone else on that team, and Pippen joined the Bulls in 87 3 years after Jordan was on the Bulls, and they won their first title in 91, so it wasn't pippen he needed, if he needed anyone it was Phil Jackson to get the rest of the team in track as he was doing great before his championship series getting stopped by arguable the best Celtic's Team in history two years in a row.

See Pippen couldn't win a title without Jordan as well

Pippen ain't nothing but a person to fill in the slot. he was an ok player, Jordan was the Bulls

I know I'm responding late but it's been awhile since I was last here and I spotted this thread right off the bat

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Mr. D, better late then never...I never said Pippen was the star player but the fact remains that neither player won until they played on the same team in the same years. Of course Jordan was the Bulls but whether you agree or not both players were on the team together when they won those 6 championships.

18. Crowned

Wait, did you just say Bosh will be better than Shaq?

[​IMG]

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Dude I was kinda seeing you at first but now it's getting crazy. Lebron is better than Chris Paul, Kobe, and (though I hate to admit it) D Rose. And yea, he's better than Wade too. And there is absolutely no chance in hell that Bosh will be better than Shaq. That's just straight up ridiculous.

20. Crowned

Lebron is not better than Kobe right now, not even close. He very well could be. Lebron is a better overall player than CP3, but CP3 is easily the best pg in the league right now.