PM (Conversation / Private Message) Permissions Modified

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Kurt, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

In order to stop PM spam we now deny all "new" users the ability to send PM's / Conversations.

Once a member has five post (new or replies) they can then use the PM feature.

What this means for most of you - Until you post or reply five times this features is also disabled for you.. which shouldn't be an issue because anyone who is active will have PM enabled on their account without even noticing it was gone.

If for some reason this isn't working correctly please let me know here.. thanks

DaBears22 likes this.
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do you think 5 is too little? I do...I think a lot more is better...

3. Kurt

10/4

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Screw it, why not 1000?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

It should be a higher number just because it could be easy for them to post up5, 10, even 20 posts over night while the "guard" is down and then get into the PMs...

6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I used to have this set at 100 over on PSD and over 50 on DSP.

7. Kurt

Okay I'll set it to a random high number. Thanks for the advise!

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Not only will it stop the spam it will also stop those users who have only used GIF as their PM/Instant Messaging site. Got tired of seeing in Who's Online in vBulletin long standing members who no longer posted but were on GIF every day for the purpose of PM'ing.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I think 10 posts is too little before you can send a PM. It should be 100 minimum in my honest opinion.

86WARD likes this.
  10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree with DaBears

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

maybe the amount of posts isn't important but the content of the posts. Personally I think 100 is good.