Pop Warner To Limit Practice Contact

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Sportsguy, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

In a move that challenges the longtime culture of America's most popular game, Pop Warner will introduce new rules to limit contact drills to one-third of practice time, and ban full-speed, head-on blocking and tackling drills in which players line up more than 3 yards apart.The rules will go into effect starting with the 2012 season, when Pop Warner will become the first nationwide league at any level of football to restrict the amount of contact players experience.Pop Warner is expected to announce the rules Wednesday, after a meeting of its medical committee.

Source: ESPN

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and the end of football as we know it takes another step towards its' demise ...............

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just put flags on them and be done with it. The pussification of America continues....

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

No guys I agree with this. Kids don't need that kinda contact.

I'm joking of course. Hell, we play without gear on the playgrounds nobody got hurt. If you did you took a second of then got back in there.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  5. smeags

smeags militant geek

this will have zero negative impact on the real game.

6. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Except in 10-15 years from now when the college game gets wussed out, and then the draft pool is nothing but kids who never really have had solid practice ever.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

while that's a valid point for another discussion it's completely irrelevant to this thread.

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I agree.. If mom's don't let these kids play because it is "too rough" we will be missing out on a lot of potential talent in the NFL.

Imagine if Ray Lewis's mom didn't want him to play because she didn't want him to get hurt? just sayin

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Wanna limit contact and head injuries in football at ll levels

Go back to lighter shoulder pads and leather helmets with no face mask

No kid or adult for that matter will go full speed head first without all the protection

Tackling would go back to being about shoulders and chest

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

You didn't see our neighborhood barnstorming across Illinois in our late teens/early 20s playing other neighborhoods....head to head/head to face, broken noses/gashed faces, etc.

:icon_smile:

Testosterone is a heady drug in competition...

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

That's true we did the same I was meaning more on collegiate and nfl level.

Bu we did the same cousin passed out once after head to head tackle no helmet later his wife took him to dr dude had a concussion.

Opposing team player came out of a pile with broken leg.

God blessed me with a hard head because me and cousin went head to head and I got a bump he got 10 stitches

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

seriously, like agent said you will probably get more kids to stay in the sport at the lower levels. especially ones that cant make weight at the age group and pushed up.

once you get to high school though IMO it's on and it should stay on.