Post Any Site Bugs Here

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. If it does it again, I will take a screen shot.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have Adblock Plus and it is disabled on GIF, yet I just started getting the pop-up box?

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Check to see if you have any other programs blocking ads. Sometimes browser toolbars or virus software have ad settings as well.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't. Just Ablock Plus. It just started doing it about 20 minutes ago.

5. SRW

Don't know what to tell you. I'd check to see what programs are running when the popup occurs. It could be something running in the background.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't figure it out...

I also have a series of "plus boxes" at the top of each header on each forum that wasn't there until this started happening.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. SRW

That should be fixed now. There is going to be some work done to the site in the next couple days so we might have a glitch or two as we tinker with the site. Please bear with us.

9. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

The thing 86 ward was talking about with clearing the cache ect.

Thats happened to me on a variety of message boards. Its an internet/message board thing. If it ever happens delete everything and it will fix itself. Has something to do with having too much in there or something. Not sure the reasoning behind it exactly.

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Under the Recent NFL News being discussed.

No Recent Posts are showing up anymore.

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

where it tells you when the last post was in a certain section of the site. it says the time but like the day it was posted is in white. also when i go over a section to click on it the sentence that describes what that forum is about turns white

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still getting the ad-block pop up and can see the ads...quizno's, HBO, DeVry University. But I noticed I'm not getting it everytime...???

Also:

Quick Links / vBookie:

Every other thread is white and you can't see half the threads unless you highlight them.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

not sure what you're saying WARD, did you remove your ad-block or not if could be another ad running in the background that has nothing to do with GIF. Also we are looking into the "white" problem, could be a day or so.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah. I have Ad-Block, but it's disabled on GIF.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The adblock popup is a PITA.

16. SRW

While I understand that the popup might be annoying the reality is the site depends on the ad revenue to stay online. If it was up to me we wouldn't have the popup but the reality is that there are so many users (members and visitors) using ad blockers that something had to be done to ensure the ads at least appear. I am hoping that it doesn't get to the point where we have to go back to having full page ads appear for everyone just to make ends meet as far as server costs and site upkeep.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's no template in the message box to post stories.

18. SRW

I got rid of that feature....

19. SRW

FYI, I disabled the ad-blocker popup message. We'll see if that helps with the lag.

20. SRW

Just FYI to anyone still getting white screen errors when trying to post from the webhost:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.