Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Jan 17, 2010.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Pre-combine mock draft

Its tough to judge value before the combine and workouts, but heres where i am as far as value and likely picks.

not all picks in concrete decided yet, coin flips and playoffs are still pending

St Louis- Jimmy Clausen

They need a face of the franchise, I love clausen as a pro but he doesn’t deserve to go over Suh and Berry.

Detroit- Ndamukong Suh

Instant difference maker, he and Sammie Lee Hill will be a top interior Dline for years.

Tampa- Eric Berry

Tampa has always been about defense, they could use Dline but Gerald Mccoy would be a reach here and Berry is an Elite talent. Barber is old, Talib is a nice CB and Berry/Talib would be nice in the secondary.

Washington- Gerald Mccoy

Playing next to haynesworth would be the IDEAL situation for mccoy who is no where near suhs level in any way

Kansas City- Russell Okung

Cliché Pick but it makes sense…they passed on some LTs last year for Tyson Jackson, the need to pair him up with branden albert and they will have some studs keeping cassel upright

Seattle - Anthony Daivs

They need a Qb but Bradford has no value here. They draft Anthony Davis because Walter Jones is old and dying. Pete got the job but I don’t think hes gonna have much power right away, especially not enough to grab his boy mays.

Cleveland- Dez Bryant

Trading away Edwards and leaving them with a bunch of scrubs at WR, they need a playmaker and I think Bryant will be valued here.

Oakland- Taylor Mays

I know how Al davis is, everyone does, but I still cant even believe the heyward-bey pick….just unreal. Mays will give Davis all he dreams about.

Buffalo- Arrelious Benn

I honestly have no clue where benn is going to be selected, i think workouts could push him into a spot around here. I hate projecting the bills pick more than i do the raiders or patriots

Jacksonville- Tim Tebow

Yeah yeah yeah….not worth it, we all know. The jags want to sell tickets and if derrick Harvey and reggie nelson are any idication…they love local heroes. I think this pick is a lock, especially because I don’t think teams will let him slip out of the first round so this is their chance at their boy.

Denver- Rolando Mcclain

He SHOULD be a jag, but they are idiots and the broncos get a stud LB. Hes perfect for the middle as the still make the transition to a 34

Miami- Terrence Cody

They have some great young talent on the dline. Langford, merling, cody….awesome line, perfect 34 line.

San Francisco- Trent Williams

They Love that hes here, he can play RT for them right away.

Seattle- Sam Bradford

Not crazy about him, but he can play in the seahawks west coast offense. The seahawks have now found their answer to alex smith (lol)

New York Giants- Brandon Spikes

Pierce-old, danny clark-old, sintim-stud….spikes can play middle and strong.

Tennessee- Dan Williams

As they search for haynesworths replacement they find themselves with dan Williams who can be a disruptor in the middle of a 43 line.

San Francisco – Joe Haden

They love to see him here, someone to team up with Nate Clements and give them 2 great corners to match teams like AZ and their passing attack

Pittsburgh- Earl Thomas

Clark is likely done, even if hes not, hes a liability in ocverage anyway. Earl Thomas and Polamalu could be legendary. Not the elite prospect berry is, but as close as you can get. Bulaga would make sense but the steelers in in offensive line denial.

Atlanta- Jason Pierre-Paul

Perfect for them to put opposite Abraham. Abraham, jerry, bump Anderson to DT and JPP on the end they have a dline that will be a handful.

Houston- CJ Spiller

The run game suffered when slaton went down. Hes a part time back anyway and brown, moats and the other guy are nothing more than backups. Spiller will dominate in the zone blocking scheme they run.

Cincinnati- Golden Tate

Vertical threat at WR for them which was a problem for them last year, he’ll be able to play right away.

New England- Colt Mccoy

Im sayin this pick happens, he sits behind brady for a year and brady walks. Its just my pick, you don’t have to agree with it….i think dunlap is a possibility here as well, but we have to wait on the Julius peppers rumors.

Green Bay- Bryan Bulaga

Rodgers got sacked A LOT, and the packers love white guys. Hes a legit LT prospect

Philadelphia- Mike Iupati

The shawn Andrews era has ended, hes the best guard prospect since….well, shawn andrews

Baltimore- Jermaine Greshem

Heap is old, they want to get flacco some more weapons. Greshem is a terrific pass catching TE.

Arizona- Sergio Kindle

Clark Haggans is old and they cant just keep franchising dansby every year

New York Jets - Damien Williams

Legit first round talent, Edwards is probably on his way out. Sanchez played with Williams at USC…it makes sense

Dallas- Corey Wootton

Not your typical 34 end, but an intriguing player with all the tools to be moved around on the line

Minnesota- Carlos Dunlap

They weren’t scared away from percy harvin….this gives them a legit end opposite Allen.

San Diego- Bruce Campbell

He didn’t have a great year but hes an incredibly gifted athlete and with some coaching could be a difference maker in both the run and pass game

Indianapolis- Sean Witherspoon.

Linebacker is definitely the biggest weakness, especially on the weak side, witherspoon is perfect for that spot and will be a tackling machine

New Orleans- Jonathan Dwyer

They are pissed the colts took witherspoon, rumor is the coveted beanie wells last year and dwyer will give them a tough, inside, physical runner that they want. Bush is likely gone so depth is a concern

2. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I'd love Dan Williams to go to Tennessee

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It would be sick if Thomas falls in our lap.

4. K Train

probably the best non-oline scenerio that we could have

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I think the Redskins go after Okung over McCoy. And I would love for Berry to go anywhere but Cleveland(well not the Jets, Bills, or Pats).

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Also Colt McCoy will not go in the first round, the Pats can easily grab him in the second round. Also who is your darkhorse to sneek into the first round?

6. K Train

i think the redskins focus all their attention on trying to get clausen, then they will have to scramble to make a pick and while logic says go okung, they can really beef up their defense which would be top 5 with haynesworth and mccoy on the inside and orakpo roaming free all day

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

i think wootton might be a long shot for a first round pick at the moment. he does resemble calais campbell in size and ability and i think is a great fit for dallas's 34 which is a little unconventional but really effective. this years DE class is pretty stacked and idk if teams are going to know what they want to do with wootton, which was the same problem with campbell

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Anyone else you thing could possibly sneek into the first round? Also why no love for Hughes? I think he goes in front of Kindle.

8. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Pretty good mock

Tyvon Branch had a good season, I can't see the raiders taking Mays in that spot

I also think Haden should be higher, like @ TEN, Harper likely gone, Rod Hood is old, slow

9. K Train

Jerry hughes for sure, it was between him and kindle for the AZ pick, they are the only ones that are going to be looking for a conversion OLB that late cause they really need one....one of those 2 are going to suffer and everette brown-like fall into the second....ricky sapp as well, this year is sick for conversion guys, but alot of them are gonna fall to the second. Brandon Graham as well, he could be a first round lock in a few weeks. these guys are gonna be in a serious competition since there wont be 5 34 OLBs taken in the second half of the first round

also dont sleep on thaddeus gibson and his stock skyrocketing after he runs a 4.5 at the combine

donovan warren is a potential CB i could see sneaking in there too, right now i only have haden going in the first.

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think the cardinals need a big, fast, sure tackling linebacker more than a pass rusher.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Looks good to me K Train

12. K Train

brandon graham would likely be the pick then

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Wotton is a great pick for the cowboys. But im thinking... Damian Williams, Kyle Wilson, or Vladimir Ducasse for the Cowboys in the first round. Or at least those are players I like in the first round for us and im pretty sure 2 of those 3 will still be there.

Count me off the Johnathan Dwyer bandwagon, I'm not even close to being on it.

14. K Train

i dont think wilson will be able to go in the first, hes a mid second round guy to me, and ducasse could raise his stock at the combine but hes a second round guard prospect at best now.

i like dwyer, hes a tough runner and GT has produced some quality pro players despite the bs gimmicky offense they run.

I like damian williams alot, the WR rankings are tough, especially because i dont know what to make of benn, williams or lafell as of right now

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Overall you mock is solid it's tough to do mocks but most the picks make sense and it's really stupid to argue over mocks. It's nice that you added comments.

I like Wilson, I just think he'll be able to make plays at the NFL level. Damian Williams i like but im not sure how he'd fit in with our current group of WR's. Maybe we need a burner wr like Harvin.

16. K Train

tate would be awesome on the cowboys, he was recruited to ND as a RB and is the burner you would be looking for....plus JJ would jizz himself

i would say benn would be a good fit, but hes risky imo....great size but really shouldnt have screwed ND a few years ago for llinois, theres not enough production to get a good grade on him....you can use the no QB excuse but thats the same excuse they used with troy williamson and DHB. Benn doesnt catch the ball smoothly and he doesnt run great routes, but hes a great athlete and will run in the 4.3s, he ran the ball alot at illinois and looks best doing that, a role like reggie bush isnt out of the question.....backfield sometimes, out wide sometimes, just get him an handful of touches. hes a risky pick but hes bound to dazzle at workouts though

im sure one more corner will find their way into the first....whether its wilson, robinson or cox is tough to say right now

17. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I think the :patriots tgake a guy like Jerry Hughes over McCoy

18. K Train

patriots, raiders, bills: all suck at mocking

i think brady leaves after next year....i just want to know what they are going to do about it.

also i think graham would be a better pick than hughes, but they seem to be moving towards a 43 so both guys arent a great fit. dunlap would be a good one for that, they werent afraid of drafting merriweather so im sure a dui wouldnt stop them

spikes is tough to project too, im sure bill would love him in that spot

19. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I think Brady will play for 3 or 4 years anyway...minimum

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Williams will go ahead of Cody IMO

I like Wotton alot, I would prefer a NT, but after watching how Minnisotta controlled that game completely with a dominate DL, I want a DL. We are very good up front, but not on that level, and I think we can get there