Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Any D player not named Suh just makes no sense for the Redskins.

The pick will definitely be OL or QB unless Suh drops as he would be too good to pass on.
    Ideally id like to see a trade down then we could pick up one of the OTs at 10-15 but realistically it will be whoever is there from Clausen, Bradford and Okung.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if they are moving to a 34 it makes sense, mccoy is valued around there and playing with haynesworth he will dominate.

i think the skins do try to do what they can to get clausen though

3. Ridin Burgundy

It would be nice to get another top DT to pair with AH but unless its Suh its just not worth it. There are potentially a fair few good 3-4 linemen available in FA which could be brought in.

I agree on Clausen though. He seems like the only QB worth a high pick.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Desptie what people think, Claussen is not a WCO QB

He wont do any better than Campbell IMO

5. K Train

they are all about him though, snyder has a man crush

shanahan drafted cutler, a simliar QB to clausen imo

6. Jihad Joe

That was before Shanny came aboard

If they want a QB, they are better off trading down and taking McCoy

7. Ridin Burgundy

What have the Texans been running the last couple of seasons?

8. Jihad Joe

True, but i still feel Clausen would be a poor fit

9. Ridin Burgundy

No thanks..

I can't see McCoy doing anything good.

10. Jihad Joe

McCoy>>>>>>>>>>Bradford

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I dont see us taking Gresham in the first or any TE for that matter, I think we will go DE or WR, i think we def. will grab a TE but later in the draft....Id like to grab Colin Peek in the 4th, or maybe like a Ed Dixon or Gronkowski earlier

12. K Train

he should work out great for a TE and is an elite pass catcher....but a guy like lafell or williams would fit in that spot too. i could also see them taking a DB since their corners are terrible

13. CStevenson13

Our corners arent terrible, our pass rush is, nobody can cover as long as we are asking them to. Webb will come back as a starter most likely, Foxworth has been good on the other side after early struggles, they'll brink back fabian washington in the nickel and chris carr in the dime. If we draft a corner it wont be early

14. K Train

thoughts on lafell? i think he would be what they are looking for (especially with all the bowe, marshall and boldin rumors)

15. CStevenson13

Lafell would be excellent with us, enough speed to stretch the field and a big body that make plays in the red zone. Where do you see him going? early 2nd?

16. K Train

legit first round talent, will depend on combine and pro days though....with 5 WRs talented enough to be first round picks he needs to stand out more than benn and williams, assuming bryant and tate put on a show lafell could be the 3rd wr....if not he will be apart of a crowded second round group of WRs

17. CStevenson13

I agree, I think If Benn catches well he'll be boost his stock even more, he's as gifted as anybody physical. I'd take any of these guys at 25, im interested to see how Tate runs.

18. K Train

all besides bryant could be there at 25

tate should be in the 4.3s, benn should be sub 4.4 as well, benn just doesnt have the production or hands to win over a team very high, hes a high risk high reward guy....might be better as a RB, reggie-bush like role just a little bigger. he will dazzle at workouts but his pass catching ability mirrors DHB in that its not smooth at all.

then lafell and damian williams also have a chance to establish themselves as a late first round pick

19. CStevenson13

I've heard people knock Tate's route running, I didnt see that when i say Notre Dame. He certaintly doesnt run routes like Williams but i dont think he's a slouch and he can be taught at the next level. I think he has the best hands in this clbutt.

20. K Train

he certainly has the strongest hands, the man plucks the ball out of the air

his route running was a question last year when all he would do is run flys and score 60 yard TDs, hes got good cutting ability and is tremendous after the catch cause he runs like a RB, hes not all straight line speed. he really stepped his crap up when floyd broke his collar bone (floyd>tate)