Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Jan 17, 2010.

1. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

This I can accept as a reason. Just to hear someone quote someone else that A) didnt give the original person,as dumb as Walter Football is, credit B) uses the reasoning he will help them win 3 to 4 more games next year, just isnt good reasoning not to draft someone. I actually raised this question the other day. When if ever has a DT been picked number 1 overall. I dont think its ever happened, but if he is as good as being predicted then I dont mine being the first team to do so. I would rather have a dominant DT as number 1 then taking an ok QB. The draft is such a crapshoot you can never tell who is going to be worth the pick.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I like Walter's site, mostly because I like Matt McGuire.

3. bergybones

I hate it. I think he has the worst mock drafts and reasons behind his selections out there. I think there are 12 year olds on ESPN that do a better job. Now tis is just my opinion which is worth about as much as the crap stains in my nephews underwear but it is how I feel

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Russel Maryland,Steve Entman, Dan Wilkenson

I wasnt that uncomon back in the early 1990's when the BFL was still a run heavy league

5. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Walter football must be where I read it....I knew I read it somewhere. It made too much sense to not bring up though. I don't frequent any football sites other than this so I kind of compile stuff from a bunch of different ones and compare that to my analysis. I often disagree with internet guys, but apparently not in this case. Apologies for not quoting directly from that site (if that is true).

6. bergybones

Its cool man I am a little crabby havent slept in like 30 hours do to work. It is true though

WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Mock Draft

Didnt mean to sound like an butt again sorry for that

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

How the hell did I miss Dan Wilkerson. Now I feel like an amatuer

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

That was years ago

Back in the early 1990's when it was still a running league, it was vouge to take DT's high. Nowaday's they dont have the same gamechanging, "build a defense around me" impact they did. Pass Rushers have replaced DT's as the guys teams build defense's around

Not to minimize the effect of a top DT, or Suh for that matter, as top guys still change games, and top inside units control control games. But in the pass happy NFL, they are not as relevant as back in 1992

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Anybody know anything about Carlton Mitchell from USF? I cant find a scouting report anywhere

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He is 6-4 and he is projected to run around a 4.45-4.5 40. I don't know how he will run routes because I think he USF Bulls run a spread offense, which doesn't translate very well.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i love usf but they are a defensive pro factory....offense....meh, nothing really to get excited about. mitchell had a good year, but hes no pro stand out

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea i saw the measurables but i've never seen him, just trying to look for another WR in the 3rd or 4th for us.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Round 4 would be a good spot for him, he did very well his freshman year. But again, I am not sure but I think the Bulls run a spread offense so I can't tell how well he would do off the bat. But given time to develope, he could turn into a very good player, especially because of his speed for his body size.

13. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

No way the Pats draft a QB especially this early. Too expensive, and I see Brady playing at least 5 more good years. If Belichick doesn't trade the pick, he'll go for the best pass rusher available. We suck at pressuring the QB, and this needs to be addressed first either with a trade or the draft.

14. K Train

like i said....dunlap would be a potential pick there

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dunlap would be horrible in a 3-4. So I would love for the Pats to do so.

16. K Train

i think they are moving on to a 43....thomas is likely out and the traded away seymour