Preview And Prediction: Redskins At Texans

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by cmilian, Sep 6, 2014.

1. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

Time just seems to fly, doesn’t it? Here we are again; the regular season is on the horizon. A new season breeds new hope for football fans, so what can be expected from the 2014 Washington Redskins? The ultimate goal of every NFL franchise is to win a Super Bowl. Whether critics want to believe it or not, this is a highly underrated team and they may surprise this season. If RG3 proves he can be an effective drop back Quarterback in Jay Gruden’s system, they could make a deep run in the playoffs and maybe even get to the big game in February. The […]

Read the whole post here.

2. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

Don't expect to see the RG3 of old. I think he can settle into being a pocket passer. I don't think we will see him running as much as before. He will run when he needs to and slide when he needs to, but I believe that the read option is almost entirely gone. Let's remember that RG3 faced a top defense yesterday. It isn't easy to hang in the pocket and make all the throws with J.J. Watt trying to tear your head off. Aside from all that, RG3 didn't really have a bad game. It wasn't spectacular, but he didn't make any mistakes except for one botched hand off to Alfred Morris resulting in a fumble. He didn't force throws, he wasn't afraid to throw the long ball, he extended some plays with his legs, and most importantly, he protected himself. I think Griffin can be a valuable option in the short AND long term. I wouldn't be concerned. Monitor his play against the Jaguars and Eagles. I believe he will have some good performances.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he is not a pocket passer! if they want a pocket passer,they should let cousins play.
    [​IMG]